Re: Politics

I imagine if the USA ever does elect a female president, and it's well past time you fucking did, the first will be a Republican, because that's how it goes. The left won't pelt a right-wing female candidate with misogynistic shit like would/did happen if the right wing were opposing a female candidate.

Same reason the right wing can pass environmental protection laws whenever the mood takes them, but will throw a shit fit if anyone on the left tries to save a single tree.

But fuck Nikki Haley.

Anthony Flack wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:31 pm I imagine if the USA ever does elect a female president, and it's well past time you fucking did, the first will be a Republican, because
because women voters are women first and democrat second. unless its palin or taylor greene.
men voters put party first.
i don't see a woman in either party who could win enough delegates to even get nominated. harris would have to replace biden (RIP) so she could take on the republican unopposed.

hbiden@onlyfans.com wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:42 pm i don't see a woman in either party who could win enough delegates to even get nominated. harris would have to replace biden (RIP) so she could take on the republican unopposed.
It's dark, but I keep thinking: should Biden expire from natural causes it could save us all. This is assuming the Dems could get their shit together to put up a candidate with a better chance of beating Trump. There are several.

Or shit, maybe Trump's McDonalds clogged heart will just stop.

losthighway wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:27 pm
hbiden@onlyfans.com wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:42 pm i don't see a woman in either party who could win enough delegates to even get nominated. harris would have to replace biden (RIP) so she could take on the republican unopposed.
It's dark, but I keep thinking: should Biden expire from natural causes it could save us all. This is assuming the Dems could get their shit together to put up a candidate with a better chance of beating Trump. There are several.

Or shit, maybe Trump's McDonalds clogged heart will just stop.
Really wishful thinking. Unfortunately, he's probably bought himself a few extra years because he doesn't drink booze.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

hbiden@onlyfans.com wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:42 pm because women voters are women first and democrat second.
Because misogynists will still vote for a woman before they vote for a Democrat, and a female candidate will draw in some foolish progressive votes regardless. The only thing stopping Nikki Haley from slam-dunking the election is the Republican primaries.

But a left-wing woman is politically toxic. If you are left-wing and a woman, you're going to be a hate magnet with overall negative favourability. Progressives need charismatic, young, straight white males you'd like to have a beer with to sugar-coat the pill of actual progressive policies. That's the culture and media environment we live in.

Anthony Flack wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:29 pm
hbiden@onlyfans.com wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:42 pm because women voters are women first and democrat second.
Because misogynists will still vote for a woman before they vote for a Democrat, and a female candidate will draw in some foolish progressive votes regardless. The only thing stopping Nikki Haley from slam-dunking the election is the Republican primaries.

But a left-wing woman is politically toxic. If you are left-wing and a woman, you're going to be a hate magnet with overall negative favourability. Progressives need charismatic, young, straight white males you'd like to have a beer with to sugar-coat the pill of actual progressive policies. That's the culture and media environment we live in.
tell the squad they need to recruit guys like me. let's get shit done!

The Democrats must know it, otherwise they wouldn't be betting the farm on a shambling old cadaver. They need a new white guy, one with spectacular hair and teeth.

They're kicking themselves that Beto played his great white hope card too soon. For sure they all know that a bunch of ethnic minority women are useless as candidates for presidential desk warmer.

Frankie99 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:19 am Also, Haley is probably just as dangerous as Trump, in different ways.
No. She is not.

Thinking Trump will be as bumbling and incompetent in office the 2nd time around is a mistake.

They had their dress rehearsal.

Running for president is extraordinarily difficult for the candidate. Almost no one has the skill and ability to dissemble necessary to truly front a campaign. Reagan, Clinton, and Obama are the only great presidential candidates of the last fifty years.

The campaign, in the absence of someone with real star power, is what wins it--props up the candidate as best they can and instills enough excitement, fear, and rage in their constituencies to get them to vote.

Trump has star power. Also the morals of an alligator. All that combined with his complete ruthlessness makes him as skilled a demagogue as has ever run for the office. But the Biden campaign in the last general was extremely well-run, and they beat him. So whatever. I don't care how old he is or about anything else really. He's not Trump, and he's going to be the alternative.

If Haley gets the nomination, I'll be marginally relieved. I'll definitely be less worried about her sure-to-be-terrible presidency than if Trump got back in there.