Re: Little Details from Your Day

ChudFusk wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:00 pm
jfv wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:21 pm
motorbike guy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:03 pm I don't know man. What sort of distortion are you hearing? Is it the same on known good records? Depending on the table, arm and the cartridge, you could just be hearing what it is capable of doing.
It occurs on what I would call, in non-technical terms, busy sections of music. Sounds great on quiet and/or cleaner passages. Position on the record doesn't seem to impact when it happens.
Could it just be that you're listening to metal? Lotta distortion there especially in the busy sections.
Reading back on my comment seems like it could be a joke, but no, it's unwanted distortion.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

Since last posting here, I’ve completed three chapters—good ones, carefully composed. I am beyond fried at times while white knuckling it through this thing. It’s almost comical. To use a loose analogy, there are moments where writing a book is like heading down a steep winding stretch of highway in a Mack truck with heavy cargo, in thick traffic, and back seat drivers yelling inane shit, futzing with the radio, and maybe also an animal shrieking and getting up in your business. I read in the Guardian that James Ellroy apparently divorced his second wife when they were living under the same roof, but then they remarried after resolving to live in adjacent apartment flats. He said monogamy wasn’t a problem at all but cohabitation was dicey (for a writer). I honestly think the vast majority of people, even those who read books regularly, have no clue as to what it’s like to piece together a good manuscript, one worth reading after the smoke has cleared. It’s one of those things that only experience can give you a true scale of, but even then, some people’s circumstances/emotional framework could be more conducive than others’. I can weather the storm, on a decent day, but it’s a strange existence, and I may effectively retire from the medium after this one. As much as making recorded music can have its own set of hurdles, be harder logistically, in some ways; more physically demanding, etc., I think the toll it takes on a person is less taxing, and it’s more imminently gratifying, easier to feed off of and move forward with. It’s not incumbent upon anyone reading this to give a flying fuck about any of my exploits, but I’ll have you know: I wouldn’t be doing this to myself if I didn’t think the quality of the work, once edited, justifies it.[/RANT]
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

New Novel.

rsmurphy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:42 am
seby wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:07 am Jesus Christ
In Alabama the bodies of two recently deceased prisoners have been returned to their families with major organs such as the brain and/or heart missing. Thoughts at this point lean toward giving, without consent, the organs to the medical school at the University of Alabama for lab studies and experimentation.

You also might have read about a recently discovered unmarked cemetery in Sugar Land, TX, comprised of 95 victims of the practice of Convict Leasing enacted right after the Civil War.

America's penal system is largely a replacement for chattel slavery, and to some extent a process for racists to get their ya-ya's out. My strongly held conspiracy beliefs is that a substantial swath of law enforcement are nothing but thrill killers. To wit:
google the names of Chicago police officers Timothy McDermott and Jerome Finnigan for that backstory. Spoiler alert: the victim was never identified or found. Or google the distressing case of Coprez Coffie who was anally penetrated with a screwdriver by officer Scott Korhonen, who, if memory serves, is still employed by the CPD after being found guilty in court of an "unreasonable search."

The atrocities are endless.
Ghaa.. What the actual fuck? This is a quicksand marsh of horror
"lol, listen to op 'music' and you'll understand"....

https://sebastiansequoiah-grayson.bandcamp.com/
https://oblier.bandcamp.com/releases
https://youtube.com/user/sebbityseb

Discovered from a twitter post that the Japanese word for ”red-brown alliance” (i.e. right-wing entryism into leftist groups, or otherwise some such nationalist-conservative tendency within those groups) is 赤茶同盟 akacha doumei.

The second character 茶 ’cha’ comes from 茶色 cha-iro, which means brown. But the literal translation is ’tea colour’, which makes the full word look like ”red tea alliance”, which greatly amuses me.
born to give

We have this thing down here in Central TX called cedar fever. It’s caused by allergies to Ashe Juniper pollen, and it can really gum up the works- sinus infections, bronchitis, cold sweats, flu-like symptoms, and a general sense of gloom and insanity. I had no issues with cedar fever until the end of my first decade living in the Austin area. Now it seems to get worse each year. If it gets any worse, I’m going to need to leave during cedar fever season. It doesn’t help that I mostly work outside. This shit is making me kooky and miserable. My poor girlfriend.

Dave N. wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:20 am We have this thing down here in Central TX called cedar fever. It’s caused by allergies to Ashe Juniper pollen, and it can really gum up the works- sinus infections, bronchitis, cold sweats, flu-like symptoms, and a general sense of gloom and insanity. I had no issues with cedar fever until the end of my first decade living in the Austin area. Now it seems to get worse each year. If it gets any worse, I’m going to need to leave during cedar fever season. It doesn’t help that I mostly work outside. This shit is making me kooky and miserable. My poor girlfriend.
In Phoenix there was a thing called Valley Fever, which was thought to be caused by dust and desert fungi stirred up by construction and carried by the wind, then trapped over downtown phoenix (which is actually kind of in a bowl, and there is often a brown cloud above the city).

I had it and it is like the flu - sinus headache, runny nose, congestion, coughing, aching. It sucked.

As an aside, when we lived in Phoenix, my kids were little and they had sinus infections and ear infections all the time. As soon as we moved to Jersey, that all went away. So if you want clean air, go to Tucson, not Phoenix.

motorbike guy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:19 pm
Dave N. wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:20 am We have this thing down here in Central TX called cedar fever. It’s caused by allergies to Ashe Juniper pollen, and it can really gum up the works- sinus infections, bronchitis, cold sweats, flu-like symptoms, and a general sense of gloom and insanity. I had no issues with cedar fever until the end of my first decade living in the Austin area. Now it seems to get worse each year. If it gets any worse, I’m going to need to leave during cedar fever season. It doesn’t help that I mostly work outside. This shit is making me kooky and miserable. My poor girlfriend.
In Phoenix there was a thing called Valley Fever, which was thought to be caused by dust and desert fungi stirred up by construction and carried by the wind, then trapped over downtown phoenix (which is actually kind of in a bowl, and there is often a brown cloud above the city).

I had it and it is like the flu - sinus headache, runny nose, congestion, coughing, aching. It sucked.

As an aside, when we lived in Phoenix, my kids were little and they had sinus infections and ear infections all the time. As soon as we moved to Jersey, that all went away. So if you want clean air, go to Tucson, not Phoenix.
I spent my teenage years in Phoenix (Deer Valley High School). When my family first moved there, I used to love standing in dust devils whenever one came around. Someone told me about a lung fungus called valley fever, and that put a quick end to my toying around with dust devils.

Valley Fever killed one of my favorite writers, Charles Bowden.

Little details from my bidet…

In an attempt to enjoy a little luxury in our lives, my partner and I have made a few upgrades. One of those upgrades is a Toto Washlet bidet. What a wonderful contraption! Jet spray, rinse, drier, seat warmer, multiple pressure settings. So much TLC for the bum!

Anyway, I just finished taking a complicated poo that would’ve required a great deal of paper if not for this wonderful machine, and I felt the need to testify. It’s like having an R2 unit for the throne.

Just home from playing my first show in nearly three years. With Sky Chariot and Ryosuke Kiyasu. Super happy on all fronts. It was in an un air conditioned warehouse and it was easily 100+ degrees, but we had lots of ice blocks/popsicles so it was okay : )

Ah crap sorry Dave. I remember that taking you out when I was in town. Lex was smashed with it too. I did not feel anything so it is pretty weird.

I hope you are back on your feet soon