Re: What are you thinking right this second?

losthighway wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:42 pm
jfv wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:19 pm
kokorodoko wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:02 pm I love how Americans online call Europeans "europoors". The word sounds funny, but it also makes me feel appreciated when someone invents an insult specifically for me.
That’s a new one for me.. hadn’t heard that one before. I guess I don’t frequent places on the internet where I’d be privvy to that.
Never heard it either. Pretty sure I'd assume the user of the term was a huge ass hat.
Because you wrote "huge ass hat" instead of "huge asshat", I pictured something like this at first (both interpretations work, imo ):

Formerly LouisSandwich and LotharSandwich, but I can never recover passwords somehow.

LuciousSandwich wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:42 pm
Because you wrote "huge ass hat" instead of "huge asshat", I pictured something like this at first (both interpretations work, imo ):

A couple important pieces here:

1. That is excellent.
B. Probably both this man and the intended asshat would use the dreaded terminology from above.
III. The autocorrect on an Android is gradually robbing me of my ability to express myself clearly in the way I intend to.

I've been reading about Stanislavsky (the originator of the "method acting" system popularized by Strasberg and mid-twentieth century film actors). I started probing for some kind of Marxist irony that he was an incredibly privileged child of an aristocratic family who pretty much let him open a theater in their house. But then the tension between his interest in portraying "the real people" and his bourgeoisie trappings play out in the Russian revolution. Lenin was convinced he was great, and Stalin seemed to antagonize him. There's this fascinating tension between the communist regime, its heavy censorship, and wildly innovative Russian artists. I just don't know enough to fully understand where Stanislavsky's probing of actor psychology offends the revolutionary dictates, but it's super interesting.

rsmurphy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:04 pm Bands with no drummers. Don't like it. Currently watching live clips of the Miki Berenyi Trio and no live drummer. If you can't trust your rock band to have a drummer then you shouldn't have a band.
What about using a drum machine in live performance? That's what I do.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

zircona1 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:02 am What about using a drum machine in live performance?
If you don't mind me asking is it because drummers are scarce in your area? I can understand that. I tend to notice a lot of newer bands, especially within shoegaze/dream pop opting for drum machines and am wondering if it's easier to punch in a rhythm rather than deal with the dynamics of a whole 'nother person.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell