Re: Streaming Netflix/Hulu/etc. - what's good lately?

Paradise on Netflix is decent. Kind of PKD-ish story, but a little more corny in its execution. German film about a future in which time a technology has been created allowing one to sell years of one's life to someone else, and time is the most valuable asset anyone has (for the poor, it's all they have). So if the average life expectancy is 80 years and you sell 20 years to someone, you basically age 20 years right after the procedure, and will only live to 60 (though your body will be effectively 80). Critique of late capitalism and the privatization of everything for sure.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

Anonymous37 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:53 pm Netflix

The Gentlemen. A Guy Ritchie 8-episode limited series. It's the latest binge-watch, and seven-and-a-half episodes in, it's truly great.
Watching this now. It's good, but, you have to like that thing what Guy Ritchie does. If you like it definitely good for a binger. Probably will finish tonight. I'm hoping The Gospel comes back into it, seems like he'd have to.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

enframed wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:52 am
penningtron wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:58 am
FX's Shogun is pretty enjoyable. Good pacing, good period details, not a relentless gorefest though it does get brutal at times.
Enjoying this one too.
Yeah it’s pretty fantastic tv. The production design and that it’s in Japanese is great. Probably my favourite miniseries on at the moment.

And holy shit, the cannon scene at the end if the latest episode… red mist.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.