Far Beyond Driven

Not Crap
Total votes: 8 (47%)
Crap
Total votes: 9 (53%)
Total votes: 17

Re: Pantera - Far Beyond Driven

I remember buying this on cassette at a Circuit City because my car only played tapes.

It’s mostly not crap, though side 1 is stronger than side 2. “Becoming” is on my jogging playlist.

These guys approve, of course:

"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

I fucked my YT algorithm searching for old Phil interviews where he had the labradoodle hair because I am curious if his voice sounded back then they way it currently sounds. That would be funny. And, hey, knowing my predilection in the 80s for bourgeois sleaze rock I have no room to be hypercritical. It'd still be funny tho.

I don't know the record, I only know "Walk." *cues FBD* Oh, I thought this was like their first record *cues first record* It's called...let me see here...Metal Magic :lol: *turns off dollar store detroit rock city intro ripoff*

this band 😅

CRAP
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:54 am I fucked my YT algorithm searching for old Phil interviews where he had the labradoodle hair because I am curious if his voice sounded back then they way it currently sounds. That would be funny. And, hey, knowing my predilection in the 80s for bourgeois sleaze rock I have no room to be hypercritical. It'd still be funny tho.

I don't know the record, I only know "Walk." *cues FBD* Oh, I thought this was like their first record *cues first record* It's called...let me see here...Metal Magic :lol: *turns off dollar store detroit rock city intro ripoff*

this band 😅

CRAP
Check out the Power Metal record. They were in full Priest ripoff mode. My friend swears Projects in the Jungle is great, but I've never bothered.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

I have seen Pantera twice in my life, both times for free as a friend bailed and I'd pretty much go see any live music.

I think it was 95 or so, and I had never seen such a dumb crowd who wanted to fucking mosh so bad. Kids were moshing in the parking lot, they were moshing in line waiting to get in, and I swear to god they were moshing in the bathroom as I was waiting to piss. That is my memory of going to see Pantera.
guitar in - weaklungband.bandcamp.com/

To get out into the weeds a bit...

The solo section of "Hard Lines Sunken Cheeks"?

It is one of the instances of "A Guitar Solo Should Be A Small Song Of It's Own..." Total keeper. Also starts in about the last place you would expect for it to.

"Throes Of Rejection"?

It is a favorite as far as "I'm About To Shred..." solos go. Even though it is a bit heavy on the "Last Half Of Fair Warning..." bit.

Vibracobra wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:59 pm Very important band/record for me when I was 15. One of the very first cd's I purchased. Good times.

Hadn't listened to it since then. Production is a bit dated IMHo.

NC but to be honest I enjoyed Cowboys from hell more.

Anyway, I just don't care for that band since my teens.
If this was an intentional joke?

I applaud your effort.