Re: Little Details from Your Day

losthighway wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:49 pm I crawled around in my shit hole of an attic for a few hours to put in a light with a light switch in my daughter's closet. It's a cramped, hot, disgusting pile of loose insulation.

When the light switched on I got that outsized sense of pride and satisfaction I get from any DIY project I haven't done before.
Thank you for this reminder. I need to get into my attic. I don't want to, but I know that feeling

A handful of little details from this past week is that I went to the store like 3 different times for the express purpose of buying dishwashing detergent and each time I walked out with no detergent because I forgot that was what I was getting. Today, I finally remembered to get it along with 10 other food items that cost around $70 and shit ain't even fancy.

Little detail from yesterday: I was contacted by someone from OKCupid who I went on one date with over a decade ago. The date was fine, uneventful but it wasn't a poor date by any stretch. We've kept in touch over the years via social media as friendly strangers are wont to do in this era. Yesterday he invited me out for dinner this weekend to which I replied yes. Second chances and all that. Now I have to think about what to wear, will he give me a corsage and how to match that with whatever band T-shirt I decide to don, will we make it 'round the bases or chill in the dugout...dating as a grown ass grown ass man has its challenges.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

andyman wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:46 am I got a vasectomy yesterday. My balls are now offline.

Overall, not as bad as I expected it to be.
I'm getting one tomorrow (perfect April Fools setup). The recovery period does seem frustrating but I'll see how I feel after a few days. Might have to do some seated arm curls and whatnot just to get some movement.

I'm mostly bummed about missing the last month of sauna/lake dips this season.
Music

penningtron wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:04 am
andyman wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:46 am I got a vasectomy yesterday. My balls are now offline.

Overall, not as bad as I expected it to be.
I'm getting one tomorrow (perfect April Fools setup). The recovery period does seem frustrating but I'll see how I feel after a few days. Might have to do some seated arm curls and whatnot just to get some movement.

I'm mostly bummed about missing the last month of sauna/lake dips this season.
Good luck! It'll be fine...