Re: Massively Overrated Stuff

seby wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 am
Curry Pervert wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:27 am
seby wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:16 am

Good god that third one dragged on
Yes! My thoughts exactly. They could have cut 40-40% and it wouldn't have lost anything.
Heh, I saw all three films at the cinema when they came out. Towards the end of the third one, the voiceover says something like "And so the fellowship of the ring draws to an end....".

Someone in the audience yelled out "Thank fuck!" : )
Salut that fella.

Yeah I watched the first two at the cinema but by the third one my butt just couldn't face the 3 hour numbing.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

pldms wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:11 am
Curry Pervert wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:25 pm Yeah I watched the first two at the cinema but by the third one my butt just couldn't face the 3 hour numbing.
I like the first one a lot, and don't mind the others, but the very concept of the 'extended' versions was deranged.
Yeah, you'd have to be a big fan of the books/films/lore to want more.
I watched the trilogy when they first came out. They were enjoyable, but I don't need to see them again. Didn't see The Hobbit movies either.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

losthighway wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:39 am
zircona1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:31 am Didn't see The Hobbit movies either.
They're shit, you're missing nothing. On a brighter note it seems the public is largely aware so not overrated.
I’d recommend tracking down the fan edited version. Some guy cut all three down to one film by deleting out everything not from the book. It’s well done with only a few jarring cuts.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.