Re: Little Details from Your Day

zircona1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:14 pm
bigc wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 am I saw the Swans in Atlanta last night. They played for 2.5 hours and were fucking incredible. Michael Gira is 70!
I'm seeing them in St. Louis in 2 weeks. I'm not sure what to expect musically, I haven't really followed them since The Glowing Man. And the last time I saw them was 2015.
I mentioned it somwhere, but I had previously slept on the post-#metoo Swans....but I saw a KILLER show last year. Just fantasitc.

kokorodoko wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:10 am ---
Oh yeah some even common phrases in Russian are tounge twisters:

ja nʲe khachú zʲdʲesʲ zhitʲ
Я не хочу здесь жить

vs

ja nɛ khóchu tut zhíti
Я не хочу тут жити

('I don't want to live here')

Other words with interesting and pleasing sounds to me:

shkarpétki, шкарпетки, socks. sounds like greek.
odyahátisya, одягатися, to dress oneself. sounds like sanskrit.

ja vzhɛ vidvídav tsɛ místo pyatʲ razív
Я вже відвідав це місто п'ять разів
I have already visited this city five times
sounds like an adventurer telling you "I have been across the seven oceans".

i zhivú tam záraz
і живу там зараз
... and i live there now
born to give

Last week, my wife and I went to see a swing/big band at the Green Mill. (Or big-ish, I suppose. There were about 15 people on the tiny stage.) The Green Mill’s tiny dance floor filled up quickly with swing dancers. They ranged in age from late 20s to early 70s. The space limitations prevent anyone from doing all the fancy flips and stuff, and I’d guess that none of them were that skilled anyway. But they looked like they were having a blast—like they were having fun in the moment, per se, and not “performing.” My wife and I now want to take dance classes.

Two thoughts ran through my head later.

1. Even the oldest people in the room were still too young to have grown up in the big band era.

2. Before swing had that obnoxious Cherry Poppin’ Daddies phase in the 90s, I went to see Dave and Deke (an Untamed Youth side project) play at the Ballard Firehouse in Seattle. They played Western swing. The dance floor filled up with *serious* swing dancers, all of whom were my age—early to mid-20s. I remember thinking, “When the fuck did everyone learn how to Lindy Hop?”

I have just returned from roadying for the B-52s in Las Vegas for two weeks. I am back at my desk at the Day Job. I feel like my brain was surreptitiously replaced with damp cotton wool.

This morning I was trying to whip the kitchen into some kind of order and discovered that someone left a Very Sharp Knife submerged in dishwater. My "expression finger" on my right hand has bled and bled and bled.

The only things I like about Las Vegas are FM SamuraiPhotographer's dining recommendations and the Broadacres Flea Market on the north side of town.

Home is so GREEN right now, esp compared to LV.
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.

dontfeartheringo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:23 am I have just returned from roadying for the B-52s in Las Vegas for two weeks. I am back at my desk at the Day Job. I feel like my brain was surreptitiously replaced with damp cotton wool.

This morning I was trying to whip the kitchen into some kind of order and discovered that someone left a Very Sharp Knife submerged in dishwater. My "expression finger" on my right hand has bled and bled and bled.
Ouchie : (
"lol, listen to op 'music' and you'll understand"....

https://sebastiansequoiah-grayson.bandcamp.com/
https://oblier.bandcamp.com/releases
https://youtube.com/user/sebbityseb

dontfeartheringo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:23 am This morning I was trying to whip the kitchen into some kind of order and discovered that someone left a Very Sharp Knife submerged in dishwater. My "expression finger" on my right hand has bled and bled and bled.
That's awful. One of the many reasons it ought to be a law that everyone should have to work in a restaurant for a year.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

dontfeartheringo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:23 am This morning I was trying to whip the kitchen into some kind of order and discovered that someone left a Very Sharp Knife submerged in dishwater. My "expression finger" on my right hand has bled and bled and bled.
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! Best wishes for that healing quickly without reopening all the time. And best wishes for this Monday-morning whiplash.
snwv | streak.club | weekly beats | twitch

enframed wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:59 am
That's awful. One of the many reasons it ought to be a law that everyone should have to work in a restaurant for a year.
This was right after finding the bread knife in the dishwasher. At this point I just have to assume that I'm being attacked.
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.