Re: Audioscape Audio

llllllllllllllllllll wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:27 pm That compressor seems pretty cool but I’m really interested in their 1176 or LA2A and would like to hear how it compares to other stuff at that price point. Guessing the LA2A is most unlike the LA22 and FMR stuff I already have
I have their LA2A clone, does the job for me. If you have a reference track you'd like to hear run through it I can do so.

llllllllllllllllllll wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:27 pm That compressor seems pretty cool but I’m really interested in their 1176 or LA2A and would like to hear how it compares to other stuff at that price point. Guessing the LA2A is most unlike the LA22 and FMR stuff I already have
I'm partial to the skibbe red stripes, but I've never compared them side by side.
I love you.

They listed that big ass RCA compressor:

https://www.audio-scape.com/products/as ... sIq0XWtmcY

$3k large! I have some of their stuff and wouldn’t hesitate if I could swing it, but for the money I would be just as tempted with a small rack of their LA2A and 1176s

Audioscape’s RCA unit costs almost as much as mono tube Chandler and Retro Instruments units, but there’s more going on with this one, right? I think the Chandler’s version of the Fairchild compressor has 3 tubes, the Audioscape unit has 9.

All of that stuff seems really cool but are out of my reach either way. I want whichever one that makes all my tracks sound like Skip Spence’s Oar