Re: Little Details from Your Day

andyman wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:20 am Browsing profiles on a dating app, a lady has a video of herself playing guitar. I think "cool!"; I unmute that video, she's playing Sweet Home Alabama.
You could do a LOT worse, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Even Neil Young likes that song. Taylor Swift on a ukulele....that might be a dealbreaker.

zorg wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:57 am
andyman wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:20 am Browsing profiles on a dating app, a lady has a video of herself playing guitar. I think "cool!"; I unmute that video, she's playing Sweet Home Alabama.
You could do a LOT worse, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Even Neil Young likes that song. Taylor Swift on a ukulele....that might be a dealbreaker.
I think it's more popular these days with the modern country crowd. Didn't Kid Rock sample it..
Music

penningtron wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:50 pm
zorg wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:57 am
I think it's more popular these days with the modern country crowd. Didn't Kid Rock sample it..
You guys crack me up sometimes....

enframed wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:48 pm
rsmurphy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:34 pm
enframed wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:57 pm My mom is in a rehab facility for a couple weeks but it's the kind of place people die in. The music playing throughout the facility at one point today was The Cure's "A Forest." Seemed kinda strange.
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Thank you Randall.
Man, I hope you're hanging in there, man.

I was reminded in a conversation yesterday of the time my mother was in Hospice. After several days of delirium and disassociation, the doctors were able to adjust her medication so that she was suddenly coherent enough that she could remind me of how much of a disappointment I was to her.

Good times.
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.

About a week or 2 ago I got the rejection email for the summer PRFBBQ. This was the first time I had submitted my music to it. A few questions:

1. Do they generally favor louder, noisier bands?
2. If you submitted your band to a PRF fest, how many tries did it take before you got in?
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

enframed wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:57 pm My mom is in a rehab facility for a couple weeks but it's the kind of place people die in.
Oh man. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. Best wishes to you all.
dontfeartheringo wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:44 am I was reminded in a conversation yesterday of the time my mother was in Hospice. After several days of delirium and disassociation, the doctors were able to adjust her medication so that she was suddenly coherent enough that she could remind me of how much of a disappointment I was to her.

Good times.
Oooof. Extremely rough. I'm sorry, DFTR.
snwv | streak.club | weekly beats | twitch

zircona1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:49 am About a week or 2 ago I got the rejection email for the summer PRFBBQ. This was the first time I had submitted my music to it.
This must've been disappointing. I believe favor should be given to longstanding members who have substantially contributed to the forum, but I should also hold my tongue as I don't have the energy to keep the prfbbq juggernaut afloat.
1. Do they generally favor louder, noisier bands?
Not within the past couple of years. It's actually been more eclectic than the OG fest, but I'm sure that doesn't help. I'd try submitting to the myriad satellite fests happening, particularly campout and/or thundersnow. Also, Louisville! Good luck!
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell