Total votes: 2 (5%)
Live - Lightning Crashes
Total votes: 13 (32%)
Everclear - Santa Monica
Total votes: 4 (10%)
Total votes: 41

Re: Worst Mid-90's Mega-Hit

zircona1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:22 am
marty wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:55 pm Maybe rivaled by a Dishwalla or Tal Bachman--but probably not.
Nah, 'She's So High' is (just barely) in that 'well crafted pop song' category.
After high school, I worked at one of the cafeterias at BGSU for a semester and this song was on the video muzak all. the. damned. time. That and Mambo Number Five.
A guy I went to high school with worked with me there. He was hard of hearing - legit had hearing aids. I just remember eating lunch with him one time when the Mambo Number Five video came on and he looked up at the TV then smiled at me and said, "That guy looks like he knows how to party!" Then, afraid I didn't hear him, said again, "That guy looks like he knows how to party!"
I think of that far more fondly than She's So High.
🎸 krakoa.bandcamp.com
📚 barnesandnoble.com/s/Charlie%20Pauken
🥪 sandwichbully.blogspot.com

Frankie99 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm He put the word placenta in a radio single.
People in this thread keep harping on this, like it's the worst word that could ever be uttered. "Placenta!" Unimaginable. I have some pearls I can lend you if you need to clutch something.
🎸 krakoa.bandcamp.com
📚 barnesandnoble.com/s/Charlie%20Pauken
🥪 sandwichbully.blogspot.com

Charlie D wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:19 pm
Frankie99 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm He put the word placenta in a radio single.
People in this thread keep harping on this, like it's the worst word that could ever be uttered. "Placenta!" Unimaginable. I have some pearls I can lend you if you need to clutch something.
It fell on the floor though.

You could probably put any medical anatomy on the lyrical floor and it would be worthy of ridicule.

"The spleen falls upon the rug!"

Charlie D wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:19 pm
It’s an objectively weird word. Add in the fact that I think he was yanking on that weirdo ponytail braid in the video while saying the word placenta, and I’m sorry man. It just makes a bad scene.