Re: What are you buying, What's on its way?

A couple years ago I bought a 70s Aria 12-string with a neck problem. Turns out the block had come unstuck causing the top to fold in at the soundhole.
I don't think I could retrieve it without more work than the guitar is worth.
Being a bolt-on, it left me with a nice-feeling 12-string neck:
with a heel like an electric:
which gave me some ideas. What's on its way? Well, I got this pretty cheap on Yahoo Japan, a Diamond 1532T body with some 80s Fernandes neck tacked on ...

MoreSpaceEcho wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:04 pm
Kniferide wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:43 pm I want a really lout tiny, light poweramp with zero features that will fit on my pedal board
Like this?
I looked into little hifi amps and the problem is they are made for home stereo units and a guitar signal distorts the holy hell out of them. Sounds like you are in Medicine. At least the 2 home hifi class D amps I have do. What I really what is something the size of a Trace Elliot Elf or TC Electronics BAM200 but with no preamp section and only a volume knob. That is it. I'm currently using a TC BAM200 and it is ok but I just don't want the preamp. I want to just line in my Rusty box and my Boxidizer with an A/B A+B box like a Boss line selector or something like that. Just a box with a knob.
Was Japmn.

New OST project: https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/flight-ost
https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/numberwitch
https://boneandbell.com/site/music.html

I got a little bonus for a new job, so I decided to get a guitar I've always wanted: a Peavey T-60. They have been more pricey than I'm used to seeing, and I've been following a few on Reverb. This one popped up relatively good price, marked as "Good", though it was in much better condition than others marked at better quality, and had all it's original parts. Anyway, I went to send an offer to the seller and accidentally put in a 2 where I meant to put in a 7 and offered way too low of a price. Well, the offer was accepted! The $50 I saved, I guess I'll put that towards the setup. Excited!

I don't know the year, but it's got the blades in the pickups, so it's the later 80s model. Not that it matters to me. I've owned more than a few T-40s, one from 1978 and the other two early 80s with the pickup blades. I always liked the brighter sound from the blades, and from what I've read, the same goes for the humbuckers in the T-60.

cakes wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:41 am I got a little bonus for a new job, so I decided to get a guitar I've always wanted: a Peavey T-60. They have been more pricey than I'm used to seeing, and I've been following a few on Reverb. This one popped up relatively good price, marked as "Good", though it was in much better condition than others marked at better quality, and had all it's original parts. Anyway, I went to send an offer to the seller and accidentally put in a 2 where I meant to put in a 7 and offered way too low of a price. Well, the offer was accepted! The $50 I saved, I guess I'll put that towards the setup. Excited!

I don't know the year, but it's got the blades in the pickups, so it's the later 80s model. Not that it matters to me. I've owned more than a few T-40s, one from 1978 and the other two early 80s with the pickup blades. I always liked the brighter sound from the blades, and from what I've read, the same goes for the humbuckers in the T-60.
I wanted to add that I had an intention to build a Warmoth guitar, but boy... it has become quite expensive! In 2015, I built a Warmoth P-bass. It cost me about $1200, and that including Fralin pickups and the labor to setup the fretboard and some electronics work. In 2024, I just priced out a very basic guitar and with similar labor costs and a set of Fralin pickups, it would run about $2000. I've tried finding a used Warmoth that is close to what I wanted to build, they're running for about half the price. Nothing really stood out to me being worth that kind of money. Hard to justify buying a guitar for $2k, so I turned to my next desire. Anyway, thought that was really shocking and wanted to point it out. (No doubt, it would have been an awesome guitar for the money!)