Re: Small questions that don't fit anywhere

llllllllllllllllllll wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:05 pm Dear Leader content -

C451 as a vocal mic?! What?
I think there are some vocal takes from a few Bone and Bell songs that use a SM81 which wouldn't be too different. First EP and probably the Second too. At the time if it wasn't a AT3035 it was a SM81.
Was Japmn.

New OST project: https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/flight-ost
https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/numberwitch
https://boneandbell.com/site/music.html

Soliciting thoughts:

I have an Orange Rockerverb 50 2x12 combo in 7/10 condition that I have been trying to sell. I got an offer from a dude on Facebook marketplace to trade my Orange combo for his Mesa single rectifier solo 50 head. I’m thinking about doing it because I actually like the lower wattage rectifier heads. If I end up not liking it, I can actually sell it and ship it. I will never be able to easily ship the orange 2x12 combo.

The negatives are that its has been modded with ugly knobs. Also, what I really wanted was a 15-30 watt mini head. I already have a full size 50 watt head.

So, flip for a fun toy that I might like, is easier to store, and probably easier to sell; or don't hassle, the ugly amp might be difficult to unload, and just hang on until the Orange sells for actual funds?

Link to the guy’s ad is below. No wrong answers.

www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/78163 ... tid=HHaHfI

I just got the Straight Ahead amp. It's tiny, the enclosure is 5x7. I'm very interested to get it plugged in, but I am a little concerned. It's definitely homemade work, there's some things inside that could have been better strapped to the chassis. I am a little perturbed by the cover. It's just a piece of metal mesh held in with screws. Not a very good size, either and a little sharp on the edges. I think I would benefit from finding something that fits better, but I have to think that he probably didn't put the enclosure top on for heat dissipation. It could have used a better sized and more robust piece of metal. Any suggestions?

Nate Dort wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:08 pm That's a hack job. No ring terminals on the wires, just tinned leads in the screw terminals. Off-the-shelf AliExpress Class-D module. I wouldn't trust that black tape to keep the edge of the module from rubbing against those giant gold caps (what are they even for?).
Yeah, for real. It seems like this could be improved on. I wonder if I could convince someone here to do it... I'm not that handy at this level. (Or, I guess I could get a soldering iron and some ring terminals and a better chassis...) Seems worth it trying to do something.

cakes wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:58 am Looking around for metal enclosures that are larger than 5x7x2. What's your go-to place to buy enclosures for electronics? One with slots or vents to start would be great, but those can be cut out if necessary.
For me, I've either worked at places, or had friends who work at places that had e-waste. Various tech and AV e-waste, specifically. I've built stuff into old computer keyboard/monitor switchers. The 2U rack unit that I built my tube bass preamp (used in Replicator) came from Skywalker Sound's e-waste/giveaway pile.

Of course, if you want to make something that you might want to sell to other people, this probably won't work. For that, I've used the usual suspects; Mouser, CE Dist (or Amplified Parts), Parts Express, Angela Instruments (do they still exist?), etc.

Good Luck!

I have a 4001 Rickenbacker and for fun I was going to put on a black pickguard. I ordered one of those All Parts pickguards from CME. They offer a 4001 single piece and a 4003 two piece and I made sure to order the proper 4001 one. It arrived and the holes don't line up at all. They are fighting me on a return, seems kinda shitty.
guitar in - weaklungband.bandcamp.com/