Re: Personal memories from the old forum

dontfeartheringo wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:56 pm
seby wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:39 am Who in God’s name was that super duper angry kid from Queensland? His posts would descend into “Fuck you!” pretty much inevitably. I think that everyone just thought that he was going through a teenage edgelord phase until it became obvious that his mind was unravelling, then he disappeared. I hope that he is hanging in there wherever he is now.
That might have been Mama Clortho?
I'm not sure if that's the connection (honestly, angry/edgy poster from 15 years ago doesn't really narrow it down). Mama Clortho was on the new forum for a while under the name Happyman but sadly died a year ago.
Music

sparky wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:20 pm
dontfeartheringo wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:56 pm Somewhere I still have the full text of the Dodge Dart Demon swap for the SVT that isn't for sale thread. All of the funniest bits of that were FM Vockins. I bet I can find it.
You indeed did!
goddamnit. I still laugh every time I read that thing. Vockins is a comic genius.

Funny story about FM Vockins:
Back when the Occupy Wall Street encampment was still a thing, there was a PRF BBQ event in NYC. The money raised at the door went straight to CVS where supplies like towels, hand sanitizer, bottled water, etc etc, were purchased. I hadn't been to the Occupy Camp, so I jumped in the van with FM Vockins to ride over there and deliver the supplies.

On the way we got behind a Tacoma with Georgia tags and I said "Y'know, I feel funny when I am driving the band van in the city because it has Georgia plates, and I feel like every single driver in New York is sneering at me when they get stuck behind us."

Vockins says, with full sincerity, "Man, nobody here has time for that! Most folks living in New York moved here from somewhere else anyways. We're all stuck in traffic behind somebody. I doubt anybody even notices your plates. Everybody has bigger fish to fry."

We come to a traffic light and there's a thoughtful pause in the conversation as I process all of that.

The light changes and Vockins IMMEDIATELY gets on the horn and says "COME ON YOU FUCKING HILLBILLY. Jesus Christ, this guy."
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.

dontfeartheringo wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:20 pm
sparky wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:20 pm
dontfeartheringo wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:56 pm Somewhere I still have the full text of the Dodge Dart Demon swap for the SVT that isn't for sale thread. All of the funniest bits of that were FM Vockins. I bet I can find it.
You indeed did!
goddamnit. I still laugh every time I read that thing. Vockins is a comic genius.

Funny story about FM Vockins:
Back when the Occupy Wall Street encampment was still a thing, there was a PRF BBQ event in NYC. The money raised at the door went straight to CVS where supplies like towels, hand sanitizer, bottled water, etc etc, were purchased. I hadn't been to the Occupy Camp, so I jumped in the van with FM Vockins to ride over there and deliver the supplies.

On the way we got behind a Tacoma with Georgia tags and I said "Y'know, I feel funny when I am driving the band van in the city because it has Georgia plates, and I feel like every single driver in New York is sneering at me when they get stuck behind us."

Vockins says, with full sincerity, "Man, nobody here has time for that! Most folks living in New York moved here from somewhere else anyways. We're all stuck in traffic behind somebody. I doubt anybody even notices your plates. Everybody has bigger fish to fry."

We come to a traffic light and there's a thoughtful pause in the conversation as I process all of that.

The light changes and Vockins IMMEDIATELY gets on the horn and says "COME ON YOU FUCKING HILLBILLY. Jesus Christ, this guy."
Amazing!
Trey Wrote: "How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose"

dontfeartheringo wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:56 pm
seby wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:39 am Who in God’s name was that super duper angry kid from Queensland? His posts would descend into “Fuck you!” pretty much inevitably. I think that everyone just thought that he was going through a teenage edgelord phase until it became obvious that his mind was unravelling, then he disappeared. I hope that he is hanging in there wherever he is now.
That might have been Mama Clortho?

Leaked Shellac record that turned out to not be Shellac but the guy who swore his band didn't sound like Shellac also produced some angrypants posting.

Somewhere I still have the full text of the Dodge Dart Demon swap for the SVT that isn't for sale thread. All of the funniest bits of that were FM Vockins. I bet I can find it.
Hmmmmm...maybe...?
"lol, listen to op 'music' and you'll understand"....

https://sebastiansequoiah-grayson.bandcamp.com/
https://oblier.bandcamp.com/releases
https://youtube.com/user/sebbityseb

That was little harpseal I think. He came back on later and apologized.

llllllllllllllllllll wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:45 am
That was little harpseal I think. He came back on later and apologized.
That’s him! And that’s right yes he did. Harpseal if you are reading this, hope you are doing well
"lol, listen to op 'music' and you'll understand"....

https://sebastiansequoiah-grayson.bandcamp.com/
https://oblier.bandcamp.com/releases
https://youtube.com/user/sebbityseb

dontfeartheringo wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:20 pm Funny story about FM Vockins:
Maybe the first time I went to NYC to visit Jerry Fuchs after he moved up to play in Vineland (1994?), I went to his work with him for an hour or so to meet his work crew when he worked on the AMEX exchange. All super hardcore stereotypical New Yorkers - the whole bit. When I met them they were all 'Yeah, we're all a super accepting group despite appearances - love people form everywhere - it's the capital of the world!'.

When we were leaving, one of them looked at Jerry and said 'Anyway, Jer - why are you bringing this hillbilly redneck f***ot motherfucker in here?!?!'

So good.

seby wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:45 am
The Yeoman Ghost wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:55 pm
seby wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:52 am The awesome weirdo with the rocks that rested on speakers?!! I forget what they were called.
I’ve been trying to remember that, as well. Was it “tweaks”? “Mods”?
Tweaks!
I believe this person was fm AudioTruth. (Is that right?)
I once googled them out of curiosity and found other similar shenanigans in other places.
When I tried to find it again, just now, I discover there's another company now called Audiotruth so either the dude went legit or somebody else is using the same name.

I thought the tweaks were a complete joke and then later came across stuff like this so who the hell knows.