Uncredited work by FM steve

FM guilty_mug recently posted this in the pinned Requiescat FM Steve thread:
To honor Steve's lifelong work, I think it would be great to put together a list of all the album he recorded and make it as complete as possible. There's a list on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Alb ... o_engineer but it doesn't look complete to me, I think that some albums mentioned on this forum are not there. It would also be great if the list contained, when possible, links to listen to the music.
I'm suggesting this because over the years I've discovered many great bands just by looking for albums that were recorded by Steve and I think it would be a nice gesture to make it easier for other people.
To which FM hbiden@onlyfans.com astutely pointed out:
Good luck whoever attempts that. There must be 1000 uncredited projects out there.
There have been a few records I've picked up over the years that had little-to-no online presence at the time which wound up having a Fluss credit or lacked an engineering credit but someone involved with the session confirmed that Steve recorded it. I agree with FM guilty_mug that there's a lot of potential utility in doing something like this (more bands for us to check out, potentially helping some smaller artists move copies of shit they've been sitting on for years, etc.) and figured that a dedicated thread to that end would be more appropriate than turning the tribute thread into some punisher shit about connecting the dots on obscure records. I've updated the linked Wikipedia page already with a few records based on uncredited work I could directly confirm, but a bunch of folks here have had direct dealings with Steve and might have further insight on this.

I'm happy to add stuff mentioned here to the Wikipedia page if nobody else wants to deal with their irritating formatting. It's also potentially worth it to mention records in this thread that you suspect Steve might have recorded (it'd be helpful to explain why) as someone here might know someone involved with the mentioned band or project and could ask that person directly. I can get us started with that as I think there's a good chance he might have recorded Bull's Tinbox 7" and (less confidently but it warrants a mention - right place, right time, no engineering credit on the album, etc.) Stickfigure's Just A Thought CD.

Re: Uncredited work by FM steve

Fogbeak wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:34 am I collated all his engineering credits on Discogs (haven't done wikipedia yet) into a Google Sheet, you can view it here. It's not much, but it's a start, I guess. I'll try and do the same with the wikipedia ones when I have time.

I also made a form where you can add a release if it's not on wikipedia or discogs: https://forms.gle/YzZ6b6hkD9mKMKi87
Awesome. I'll submit some of the recent additions I don't see on your list to that form now.

Re: Uncredited work by FM steve

Fogbeak wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:34 am I collated all his engineering credits on Discogs (haven't done wikipedia yet) into a Google Sheet, you can view it here. It's not much, but it's a start, I guess. I'll try and do the same with the wikipedia ones when I have time.

I also made a form where you can add a release if it's not on wikipedia or discogs: https://forms.gle/YzZ6b6hkD9mKMKi87
Cool idea. I see Yowie on that google sheet, but they never recorded with Albini. The AC/DC cover was done by Chris Gorka aka "Gork."
I guitar Conformists.