Re: Politics

Gramsci wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:20 pm Gorgeous George is a charlatan and a scumbag. Don’t get suckered into his performative leftism. Just watch his Novara interview to see how much of an opportunistic piece of shit he is.

If you’re looking for a new home the Greens are a sane option.

Corbyn is my local MP, I’ll be voting for him. There’s a good reason Jezza told George to fuck off.
Yes, Galloway is the biggest problem here, I realise that. At this point I'm pretty sure they won't be fielding a candidate near me so it's kinda moot anyway.

I'll be going independent or green depending what's on offer.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

Sorry, didn’t mean to shit on your choices, I just loath Galloway. If you dig a little deeper into WPB you’ll see extremely conservative social policies. This is because they are aiming straight for Muslims. The kind that protest schools and threaten the lives of teachers for doing their job. These pieces of shit.

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ing-rights

I know I often go on about focusing economic democracy over social policy. But in the case of WPB it’s extremely bad faith. Personally I think they are borderline fascists, in the 1930s Italian sense. They exist to manipulate Muslim voters not to propose a genuine leftist alternative.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:46 am If you dig a little deeper into WPB you’ll see extremely conservative social policies.
Got any examples? I've been perusing their website and haven't seen any yet.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

Curry Pervert wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:44 am
Gramsci wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:46 am If you dig a little deeper into WPB you’ll see extremely conservative social policies.
They’re hiding them are they… they’re also are anti net zero.

https://workerspartybritain.org/2023/07 ... tzero/amp/

https://novaramedia.com/2024/05/01/i-wo ... nt-normal/
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:51 am
Curry Pervert wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:44 am
They’re hiding them are they… they’re also are anti net zero.

https://workerspartybritain.org/2023/07 ... tzero/amp/

https://novaramedia.com/2024/05/01/i-wo ... nt-normal/
Thanks.

Something weird I’ve noticed recently in Instagram comments by dudes - it’s always dudes - absolutely red pilled on trans issues.

Context, I play Warhammer, the company that makes the game, Games Workshop have been doing a pretty good job at making this weird hobby more inclusive, retconing lore to include women, minorities etc. I have a habit of making fun of incels that endlessly whine about women in the lore. Recently I’ve been getting essay responses that basically go from Lady Plastic Solider to “They're coming to cut off girls breasts and force feed our children hormones” Weird rambling posts, when I block the same dude create another account just to repeat the same batshit…

It seems to be a very American thing at the moment.

Gramsci wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:28 am Something weird I’ve noticed recently in Instagram comments by dudes - it’s always dudes - absolutely red pilled on trans issues.

Context, I play Warhammer, the company that makes the game, Games Workshop have been doing a pretty good job at making this weird hobby more inclusive, retconing lore to include women, minorities etc. I have a habit of making fun of incels that endlessly whine about women in the lore. Recently I’ve been getting essay responses that basically go from Lady Plastic Solider to “They're coming to cut off girls breasts and force feed our children hormones” Weird rambling posts, when I block the same dude create another account just to repeat the same batshit…

It seems to be a very American thing at the moment.
JK Rowling would beg to differ that it's only Americans who have gone completely insane w/ anti-trans nonsense.
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com

Agreed. I’m not meaning to say one country is better than the other. The UK is a garage fire when it comes to the trans debate. But I have noticed really red pilled American dudes really going in crazy territory. In the UK is just this horrible slow grind of throwing trans people under the bus but in the US it seems to have gone feral with a Qanon like furore…

Gramsci wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:09 pm Exactly what happens when the left only offer vibes rather than policies that materially benefit people’s lives.
Jesus Christ, this all day. THIS.

tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.

Gramsci wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:58 am Agreed. I’m not meaning to say one country is better than the other. The UK is a garage fire when it comes to the trans debate. But I have noticed really red pilled American dudes really going in crazy territory. In the UK is just this horrible slow grind of throwing trans people under the bus but in the US it seems to have gone feral with a Qanon like furore…
Yeah, like the phobia is a real phobia, as in fear. I don't really buy the idea that every racist or homophobe is just scared of what they don't understand. Sometimes people are pathologically bullies who just need someone to pick on. But there's a contingent here that really think that their kids are going to "catch gay", or that educators are trying to flip kids' genders with brainwashing. As if your sexuality or gender identity were but one timely suggestion from utterly crumbling. They get so scared.