Re: What are you buying, What's on its way?

Not buying anything new per se... A few years ago, I made a trade for a beat up Les Paul that I absolutely just loved when I played it. A fair trade, but I've done work on the Gibson: cleaned all the grime off and replaced the fucked up knobs and all the rusty screws, threw out the jagged-cut aluminum scratch plate and replaced it with a new one. Had a neck crack fixed and electronics repaired professionally. I'm finally doing the last things: getting the uncleanable, gross residues buffed out of the neck and parts of the body, replacing the plastic nut with bone and getting a proper setup. Just dropped it off at the shop this afternoon. Can't wait to get it back next week!

Re: What are you buying, What's on its way?

MoreSpaceEcho wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:46 pm I swore I wasn't going to buy any more Warmoths for a while, but I've been wanting a lightweight black korina jazzmaster for ages now and one popped up in stock so I grabbed it. Just showed up now, and it's my birthday so whoo hoo.

Off to the store to get some purple sparkle spraypaint!
I think I'm gonna do a Warmoth build, selling the T-60 after fixing it up. I want to do a mahogany Tele custom with a roasted maple neck and rosewood fretboard. Make it more like a Les Paul meets a Tele, with a humbucker neck and single coil bridge. This post is just inspiring me to take the plunge!