Movie: Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Crap
Total votes: 6 (26%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 17 (74%)
Total votes: 23

Re: Movie: Ferris Bueller's Day Off

losthighway wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:03 pm
penningtron wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:23 pm This movie certainly pushes some nostalgia buttons. If it came out on Netflix today it would be forgotten by next week.

Indifferent to the movie, though I inadvertently biked past Cameron's house on a long bike ride once and it was impressive up close.
Is Highland Park super rich territory?
Highland Park has some “super rich” homes. It also is a real city with real people. I feel similarly about Evanston.

It’s not quite the same as Winnetka or Kenilworth. At least from my exurban-Chicagoland perspective. But, hell, there are exceptions everywhere.

Context is important though. A nice 4-bedroom home just like 15 miles north in Waukegan would be like a third of the price of any of the above mentioned places.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

Re watched it with my kids a while back. Still great, and nostalgic now for a kid who grew up in the 80's.

Pretty hard to crap on a John Hughes movie, I gotta say.
Bluegum LaBloat wrote: Unfunny 80's yuppie ego-ideal shit. Normies will aspire for eternity. Hughes is the only good kind of republican - dead.
Bro, chill. Have a Mimosa or something.
Trey Wrote: "How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose"

I need to rewatch with my girls.

I loved as a kid in New Zealand. I think I saw at the movies when it came out.

I have an inkling I’m going to hate it now.

Voted NC, but may revisit.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Quoting from memory, so the wording may be off.

"Abe Frohman, the sausage king of Chicago."
"Would you like a gummy bear? I had them in my pocket. They're real warm and soft."
"Cameron is so uptight, you put a piece of coal in his ass; in a week you'd have a diamond."
"So that's how it is in their family."
"You're not dying, you just can't think of anything good to do."
"I wanted a car. I got a computer."
"Sounds like your problem is you."

Mia Sara is a stone fox.

Not Crap
🎸 krakoa.bandcamp.com
📚 barnesandnoble.com/s/Charlie%20Pauken
🥪 sandwichbully.blogspot.com