Movie: Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Crap
Total votes: 6 (26%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 17 (74%)
Total votes: 23

Re: Movie: Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Charlie D wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:15 am "Would you like a gummy bear? I had them in my pocket. They're real warm and soft."
The way her bifocals slip down the bridge of her nose is a lovely and hilarious detail.
Mia Sara is a stone fox.
Beautiful woman but I thought the performance was a bit stilted.

I can understand some John Hughes hate but Planes Tranes and Automobiles is unassailable. I'd need a rewatch on Weird Science.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

Charlie D wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:15 am Quoting from memory, so the wording may be off.

"Abe Frohman, the sausage king of Chicago."
"Would you like a gummy bear? I had them in my pocket. They're real warm and soft."
"Cameron is so uptight, you put a piece of coal in his ass; in a week you'd have a diamond."
"So that's how it is in their family."
"You're not dying, you just can't think of anything good to do."
"I wanted a car. I got a computer."
"Sounds like your problem is you."

Mia Sara is a stone fox.

Not Crap
Best scene:

"Why don't you put your thumb up your butt."

Also really like:

"You speak English?"
"Uh, what country do you think this is?"
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

rsmurphy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:40 am I can understand some John Hughes hate but Planes Tranes and Automobiles is unassailable. I'd need a rewatch on Weird Science.
I have to be in a certain mood to watch PT&A but it hits the spot when I do,
I could probably quote a half dozen of Lisa's lines from Weird Science from memory. (I refuse to quote Anthony Michael Hall in that one scene, however.)
"Honey buns, you want a party so bad, you could bottle it."
"You can't just barge in here and start hitting people with your Rex Harrison hat!"
"Don't threaten me, Al! You're out of shape, I'll kick your arse."
"Don't let John Wayne hear you say that."
"If you get a chance? Shower with them. It's a brain scrambler."
"This isn't bullshit, this is a Persian missile, Chip."
"Sex, drugs, rock and roll... Chips, dips, chains, whips..."
Last edited by Charlie D on Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
🎸 krakoa.bandcamp.com
📚 barnesandnoble.com/s/Charlie%20Pauken
🥪 sandwichbully.blogspot.com

OrthodoxEaster wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:28 am
Lu Zwei wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:22 pm Like, we didn't get a lot of movies in former Yugoslavia, but I can remember the day I watched FBDO, That Ferrari Scene... EPIC!!!!

N/C 10/10
You probably know this already, but the garage attendant who borrows the Ferrari is played by Sonic Youth’s first drummer, the incredible character actor Richard Edson.
"What're you gonna do in Budapest?"
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."

When we got our first VCR as kids the movies we got with it were Red Dawn, Breakfast Club, The Last Star Fighter, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Seen all of them more times than I can count and still lover them all equally as much as I did as a kid. My older sister and knew every line from memory and I could probably still puke a bunch of it out.

NC
Was Japmn.

New OST project: https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/flight-ost
https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/numberwitch
https://boneandbell.com/site/music.html

Vibracobra wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:32 am The movie is kinda ok though I can't stand M. Broderick.
Yep.

Side note: My memory recalls that MB's car crash was due to drunk driving but I don't see any current references to him being boozed up? Maybe I misremember.

Regardless Jennifer Grey is a cutie pie and it sads me that she had to go through that.
enframed wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:08 am Best scene:

"Why don't you put your thumb up your butt."
Great scene.

I'll give FBDO a NC (but Real Genius was better.)
https://genaumke.bandcamp.com/

OrthodoxEaster wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:28 am
Lu Zwei wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:22 pm Like, we didn't get a lot of movies in former Yugoslavia, but I can remember the day I watched FBDO, That Ferrari Scene... EPIC!!!!

N/C 10/10
You probably know this already, but the garage attendant who borrows the Ferrari is played by Sonic Youth’s first drummer, the incredible character actor Richard Edson.
Rightfully so, yes!
Nothing major here. Just a regular EU cock. I pull it out and there is beans all over my penis. Bean shells all over my penis...