Total votes: 52 (66%)
Liar
Total votes: 15 (19%)
Down
Total votes: 5 (6%)
Total votes: 79

Re: Favorite The Jesus Lizard record

penningtron wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:24 am
andyman wrote: I figured with 30 more years of experience they were going to start shaking it up.
Teaser clip places it somewhere between Shot and Blue. Which is fine I guess. I'd rather hear tJL rip off tJL than the legion of modern 'noise rock' bands that do so.

https://www.instagram.com/stereogum/reel/C7wbsidu4dr/
Sounds pretty legit, if familiar. A welcome return if the rest can match this.

penningtron wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:24 am
andyman wrote: I figured with 30 more years of experience they were going to start shaking it up.
Teaser clip places it somewhere between Shot and Blue. Which is fine I guess. I'd rather hear tJL rip off tJL than the legion of modern 'noise rock' bands that do so.
Here's the whole song!

I would put it somewhere between Down and Shot. And I like Shot a lot, like a lot lot.
Nothing major here. Just a regular EU cock. I pull it out and there is beans all over my penis. Bean shells all over my penis...

The song is fine. The recording sounds like dog shit.

The reason why…

According to an interview the band did with Hank Shteamer for The New York Times, work on the album began in 2019, and they recorded it Black Keys drummer Patrick Carney’s Akron, Ohio studio Audio Eagle with local producer Paul Allen

I blame Sims
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:43 am The song is fine. The recording sounds like dog shit.

The reason why…

According to an interview the band did with Hank Shteamer for The New York Times, work on the album began in 2019, and they recorded it Black Keys drummer Patrick Carney’s Akron, Ohio studio Audio Eagle with local producer Paul Allen

I blame Sims
This is my only gripe with this whole thing. I hope in the meantime they kinda figure out a different mix/master.
Nothing major here. Just a regular EU cock. I pull it out and there is beans all over my penis. Bean shells all over my penis...