Down
Total votes: 5 (6%)
Total votes: 79

Re: Favorite The Jesus Lizard record

mrcancelled wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:26 pm
Owen wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:14 am
zircona1 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:06 am

They might be at Riot Fest.
If so, they might do an aftershow at a small venue.
Here's hoping. I can't do fests anymore, I am always miserable.
If they play Riot Fest without doing a venue show up here I would be very surprised.
That's why I'm glad I live in Minneapolis now, instead of Chicago. Unwound is playing an appropriate indoor venue here, but outdoors in the hot sun during the afternoon to 20,000 disinterested souls at Pitchfuck. Bratmobile is also performing that day lol. Will anyone know who they are?

Edit: They're playing at 7:45 PM. Unlike Swans. That was kinda hilarious in a way.

AdamN wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:39 pm
mrcancelled wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:26 pm
Owen wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:14 am

Here's hoping. I can't do fests anymore, I am always miserable.
If they play Riot Fest without doing a venue show up here I would be very surprised.
That's why I'm glad I live in Minneapolis now, instead of Chicago. Unwound is playing an appropriate indoor venue here, but outdoors in the hot sun during the afternoon to 20,000 disinterested souls at Pitchfuck. Bratmobile is also performing that day lol. Will anyone know who they are?

Edit: They're playing at 7:45 PM. Unlike Swans. That was kinda hilarious in a way.
I was there. Yeah, it was a bit odd to see them out in the sun. Their performance was great though, only time I saw them do 'Oxygen'.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

Just listened to “Hide & Seek” on my smartphone through shitty headphones.

As far as awesome bands who after 20 years just released new material, will say this is better than I expected. First impression was way better than the AoL record, for example.

Spoiled with the recordings of their records with FM steve, and anything less than that is slightly disappointing to me as a result. That being said, I bet this song will be fucking awesome when played live.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

penningtron wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:38 am Denison’s playing is good but not exactly super inspired. These sessions were probably just another Tuesday for him.
I think this is perhaps my other slight letdown.

Like hearing anything short of Denison’s most off the wall work first.. maybe I have too high of expectation for the song they chose to release first. Which I am guessing might not be the most off the wall tune on the record.

Not sure how I feel about your “bands should stay broken up” comment. Certainly mixed results, mostly negative, if you take into account all bands who have done this. But shit some of these bands are hopefully doing it more for themselves. I hope.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

I mean dear lord, the dudes here expecting a love child of Goat and Liar and in the process of that wishing that Sims was a "bigger man" and reconciled with Steve to be recorded "properly"are really testing the limits of common sense.

There's a saying in Yugo lands that has stuck with me from my childhood: "Ima samo jedna stvar koju je moguće napuhati više nego balon, a to je ego."

I made that up, there isn't. But there is now.
Nothing major here. Just a regular EU cock. I pull it out and there is beans all over my penis. Bean shells all over my penis...