Goat
Total votes: 52 (66%)
Liar
Total votes: 15 (19%)
Down
Total votes: 5 (6%)
Total votes: 79

Re: Favorite The Jesus Lizard record

the new song does have a STP like riff. i also think the guitar player from STP is pretty good so whatever. i will listen to the album when it comes out, my assumption is it will be better than the last two records, but asking them to make another GOAT is silly. furthermore, if this is what they want to do, then good for them. i’m sure they are still going to absolutely slay live and these songs will probably be more fun at that moment.

Skimmed through Book and couldn't find any explicit shit talk from Sims on Steve. But then I just skimmed.

Anyway, I listened to Hide & Seek a bunch and the only notes I have is I want the kick drum more present and Yow less present.

I don't hear anything wrong with Duane's guitar. He's always been a finesse player who favors overdrive over full-blown distortion and that's what I'm hearing here.

I still don't hear STP and now QOTSA is brought up and I don't hear that either. The intro reminds me a of "Queen For A Day", though.

I'm not pre-ordering because I have a shit history with pre-orders but I will be hitting the record store on 13 Sept.
🎸 krakoa.bandcamp.com
📚 barnesandnoble.com/s/Charlie%20Pauken
🥪 sandwichbully.blogspot.com

andyman wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:05 am They played Nashville last night and there's decent footage doing the rounds.

I was going to say they look significantly older than the last set of reunion shows, but then I realised it's already been 15 years. Fuck.
I saw them in Seattle in 2018 or 2019.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

chexmixbreath wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:28 am
Charlie D wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:45 pm Skimmed through Book and couldn't find any explicit shit talk from Sims on Steve. But then I just skimmed.
See also: the Kreative Kontrol podcast episode w/ David Wm. Sims
Is that one good or bad? I didn't mean shit talk so much as some between the lines-type stuff. He clearly had issues with Steve's recordings, and called being in Rapeman a big regret (the name being a big part of it). Steve in turn called him a "petty dictator" in Book. I'm sure they got along fine but just had very different aesthetics.
Music

chexmixbreath wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:28 am
Charlie D wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:45 pm Skimmed through Book and couldn't find any explicit shit talk from Sims on Steve. But then I just skimmed.
See also: the Kreative Kontrol podcast episode w/ David Wm. Sims
Yeah, it's pretty unedifying from Sims. He's also wrong about the quality of the audio on TJL album, Shot and Blue are not their best albums sonically or musically. There's also bad blood over the Rapeman band name, Sims hated it.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Grams, my man, SHOT has some of the best TJL songs ever written. More Beautiful Than Barbie moves me in ways few of their songs move me like that.

Yes, the production is really shoot, but I have no idea why would anyone crap on the songs on that record.
Nothing major here. Just a regular EU cock. I pull it out and there is beans all over my penis. Bean shells all over my penis...