Re: Little Details from Your Day

Had a job for a few weeks and I came to like one person especially (as a friend). They're fun and we're on the same wavelength. I decided I was going to ask them if they wanted to meet some other time. But I was so scared they were going to say no or be weirded out, and I was also trying to find the right occasion, since we're surrounded by a bunch of other people most of the time (it sounds like I'm describing a middle school crush here but I'm serious). So in the end we said goodbye with a kind of vague "maybe we'll run into each other" (she lives nearby).

So what now? Do I hit her up some time with "I'm in the area, wanna go for a walk?". Is that okay? Maybe I have just misjudged everything? I tend to inflate things like this to a stupendous degree and I know it isn't normal. Once I wanted to ask a classmate to do schoolwork together over the holidays (to get to know them better), and it's like I was preparing for the Day of Judgement. I also tend to panic when I notice that I like somebody, losing myself in a whirlwind of my own fears and wishes to the point where reality becomes foggy. I carry around the thought somewhere that things like this MUST fail. And I have basically no natural instinct to go on.

Exhausting.
born to give

Vibracobra wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:15 pm
kokorodoko wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:11 pm So what now? Do I hit her up some time with "I'm in the area, wanna go for a walk?". Is that okay?
This. Easy.
I sent short texts to each of those I worked with and told them I had a great time (I did), was surprised by very appreciative responses. Told her I'd be up for meeting sometime too. Feeling much better about it either way.

Hearing this helped. Thanks.
born to give

Owen wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:45 pm I have entered my "chicken thighs are the best" era.

Bone in, skin on chicken thighs are easily my favorite chicken. Super easy to cook on either the grill or cast iron in the oven, pretty much always good. Honestly I don't even buy any other chicken to cook at home.
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com

tallchris wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:56 pm Bone in, skin on chicken thighs are easily my favorite chicken. Super easy to cook on either the grill or cast iron in the oven, pretty much always good. Honestly I don't even buy any other chicken to cook at home.
They're also cheaper, and the bones can then be used to make broth. I've gotten into making Adobo this year but have not yet convinced the partner of dark meat's superiority.
Music