Re: What are you listening to right now?

Mickey242 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:58 pm Tool- Undertow
Saw them on Monday night. They played Intolerance which was great. A bit too much of 10,000 Days, an album I don’t like.

But they ended on 46 & 2… I was so happy I cried.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Endtroducing - DJ Shadow.

I’ve been listening pretty much to vinyl only since last month’s sadness.

This is a fantastic album. I’m not sure I listened to any of his albums beyond this… worth listening, which?
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:00 am Endtroducing - DJ Shadow.

I’ve been listening pretty much to vinyl only since last month’s sadness.

This is a fantastic album. I’m not sure I listened to any of his albums beyond this… worth listening, which?
The Private Press. It's the one right after Endtroducing. Not as groundbreaking as that one, but still really good.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

Means to an End - The Music of Joy Division

A fantastic 1995 covers album by US bands including Tortoise and Girls Against Boys.

I picked up a vinyl copy for a song.