Blondie
Total votes: 1 (11%)
Plastic letters
Total votes: 2 (22%)
Parallel lines
Total votes: 6 (67%)
Total votes: 9

New York - dome: Blondie - first 3 albums

Been reading some of Chris Steins Blondie tales which made me do a deep dive - always loved the first three albums before they lost it for me. A pretty great band for many reasons and their new wave take won me over from day dot when I was a teenager looking for something more than Foreigner or REO Speedwagon. Clem Bourke is one hell of a drummer and they seemed to have a readiness to try anything that was lacking in any other popular group at the time. What’s ya take on the first 3?

Re: New York - dome: Blondie - first 3 albums

Not a big fan but it's hard to ignore the craft and talent involved from the players; Parallel Lines just has a slight edge and focus that I like, first 2 are a little scrappy.

Would politely disagree that they fell off after 3 albums, I think the first 5 are all strong, Autoamerican might be my fav (though admittedly things do go very wrong on The Hunter).

Re: New York - dome: Blondie - first 3 albums

that first side of Eat To The Beat is my favorite Blondie, but Parallel Lines wins it from the first 3.

I don't like their debut at all, outside of "Sex Offender." Maybe you needed the seedy, sticky floors of CBGBs to make "In The Flesh" feel like Lee Hazlewood, I dunno. I'll take "Total Control" from The Motels for that vibe; thankfully a much more bombastic Blondie was around the corner.