Re: Politics

kokorodoko wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:05 am
Curry Pervert wrote:The Workers Party manifesto looks really good.
Are we reading the same text? There's a whole section on "mass migration", and then a bunch of paranoia about foreign influence and "alien values".

One of the techniques of international liberalism is to encourage divisive culture wars. From the top down, it seeks to impose its values on populations at home and overseas without informed consent through the educational system, the public relations, marketing and human resources departments of major corporations, through the ‘chilling effect’ of regulation and legislation and through arts and cultural patronage. This has created a class of intellectuals which has declared war on its own national and working class cultural traditions.
The British working class is known for its easy-going tolerance and welcoming stance towards new ideas and cultures. It challenged the racism imported by American troops in the Second World War ...
jfc
However, this tolerance is very different from top-down ideologically-driven progressivism, imported from the very different conditions in the US with its understandable racial obsessions and lack of any tradition (due to brutal repression) of a collective working class politics.

Progressivism fails to allow communities to live and learn alongside one another but imposes alien values through incentives and threats from above. It is manipulative. We particularly oppose all attempts to impose identity politics and division in our communities.

The WPB’s cultural policy will start with a radical overhaul of the funding of the arts, the charitable sector and the educational system to re-emphasise critical thinking, free debate, free speech and mutual respect.
... we will restrict the ability of private wealth, directly or through the increasingly sinister international NGO-industrial complex, to engage in cultural engineering.

Also I don't know the UK context but what tips off their conservatism as being specifically aimed at muslims? It doesn't sound qualitatively different from similar messages by right-populist parties. And the "mass migration" section doesn't seem aimed at muslims.
Gaza. Anti LGBT. Criticism of “woke”, a bullshit term.
It’s all dog whistle stuff. It’s “Blue Labour” with added Muslim conservatism.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:52 am Pleasantly surprised to see this bunch get over themselves for a moment. We'll see if it lasts, but it's a start.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/artic ... p-election
So was I... So many egos and grand theories to argue about. Seeing the left not manage to descend into a circular firing squad is nice... But give it time. Someone will throw the toys out of the pram over a incredibly minor ideological difference.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:36 pm So was I... So many egos and grand theories to argue about. Seeing the left not manage to descend into a circular firing squad is nice... But give it time. Someone will throw the toys out of the pram over a incredibly minor ideological difference.
I'd give it a month tops, but who knows? Everything else has spun off its axis.
at war with bellends

Gramsci wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:36 pm
A_Man_Who_Tries wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:52 am Pleasantly surprised to see this bunch get over themselves for a moment. We'll see if it lasts, but it's a start.

So was I... So many egos and grand theories to argue about. Seeing the left not manage to descend into a circular firing squad is nice... But give it time. Someone will throw the toys out of the pram over a incredibly minor ideological difference.
I guess when they're faced with a coup de Le Pen, maybe it's time to start working for results instead of... whatever they've been doing.
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.

dontfeartheringo wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:00 pm
Gramsci wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:36 pm

I guess when they're faced with a coup de Le Pen, maybe it's time to start working for results instead of... whatever they've been doing.
We had a really good chance here in Croatia to do something similar, but the individual greed for position and power got in the way. Instead, we elected the most right wing coalition thus far. People don't care, the economy is thriving, the average individual pay is going up every quarter and everyone seems to be happy as long as there are no questions asked. It's a progressive regression that has a potential to bite us in the ass, as it will be too late to react and right the ship, as the ship has sailed long ago. Sadly.
Nothing major here. Just a regular EU cock. I pull it out and there is beans all over my penis. Bean shells all over my penis...