Re: What are you buying, What's on its way?

I was futzing around with build options and pricing out a Warmoth, but I came across a Reverend guitar that was all the specs I was looking to build out in a custom, for much less. I've owned a few Reverends in the past and I've regretting selling one of them. They are such great guitars. They come stock with roasted maple necks and really solid hardware and custom pickups. They are really a steal for the price they are sold at. I had a Double Agent (a fairly unique guitar), which had a P90 neck and HB bridge pickup with a trem bridge, a Sensei (which is their take on a Les Paul) and a Strat-style guitar they no longer make. The trem was really great on the Double Agent, barely went out of tune. All Reverends have that bass rolloff knob, which makes them incredibly versatile no matter the style. I was considering getting another Double Agent or Sensei again, but then I came across the Charger, which is kind of a Tele hybrid. There's an HB version, which was how I was going to build the Warmoth. It was kind of a no brainer, and I found it in the color scheme I was going to paint the custom build with. The biggest differences would be that Reverend uses korina for their bodies, I was going to build the Warmoth with mahagony. They are similar woods, but I feel korina retains more high end. The HBs are PAF-style, and I think the bridge is a bitter hotter than average, but overall pretty much what I was going to get from Lindy Frailin. The neck was really similar, roasted maple with rosewood, though Reverend uses pau ferro (to be honest, I'd rather get a new guitar with more sustainable wood).

Looking forward to this. After getting my Les Paul rehab finished, this will be a cool second guitar to have around. It sounds more modern and will be more versatile with OD and distortion, whereas the Les Paul is definitely more vintage, much less versatile, but what it does is amazing.

GuyLaCroix wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:13 pm Sunn Beta Bass combo at MGR. Somebody fucked up big appraising it so I got it for 3 bills.
Nice score! I think I ended up getting my beta bass for same after getting a $100 refund for the baffle being fucked up by the previous owner. My Beta Lead was like $250 or something.

There are lots of these out there. Don't sleep on pawn shops y'all (unless you feel ethically grossed out by them which is totally fair).

mdc wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:13 pm
cakes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:16 am Reverend guitar
Every reverend I've played has felt great - Korean guitars are NICE.
IIRC, the more recent puresalem guitars are built by the same folks who make reverend. They feel similarly nice.
Yeah, every single one I've owned in the past has been top notch. I was going through some video reviews of the Charger, and every single one had mentioned the top-end quality and it just made me pine to have one again. (I guess, it also doesn't hurt to see who their artists are.)

From what I know, the guitars are put together in Korea, but the design, cutting and shaping is done in the US. They also haven't gone up much in regards to inflation, which was nice to see. Each guitar goes through four levels of inspection, so the QC is pretty amazing.

cakes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:03 pm
mdc wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:13 pm
cakes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:16 am Reverend guitar
Every reverend I've played has felt great - Korean guitars are NICE.
IIRC, the more recent puresalem guitars are built by the same folks who make reverend. They feel similarly nice.
Yeah, every single one I've owned in the past has been top notch. I was going through some video reviews of the Charger, and every single one had mentioned the top-end quality and it just made me pine to have one again. (I guess, it also doesn't hurt to see who their artists are.)

From what I know, the guitars are put together in Korea, but the design, cutting and shaping is done in the US. They also haven't gone up much in regards to inflation, which was nice to see. Each guitar goes through four levels of inspection, so the QC is pretty amazing.
To add to that my co-worker from detroit knows Joe Naylor well and has nothing but good things to say about the guy.