Re: Albums that have been edited to be more sensitive

I think a recent example is Beyonce saying retarded or something, and they changed that. That mega huge black eyed peas song “get it started” is actually “get retarded”…about a million “clean version” rap albums. I think they removed one in a million from that GNR record reissue. Body Count Cop Killer, The MC5 Kick Out The Jams had an alternate version. The cocksucker blues concert film was pulled by the Stones themselves. And of course if we’re still doing album art, the Beatles Butcher cover.

Wood Goblin wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:50 am Not sure how it appears on the record, but Dire Straits dropped the homophobic slur in “Money for Nothing” from live performances pretty early on. It doesn’t appear in the version you hear on the radio, though it definitely did in the 80s.
That's a bit daft...that line was so obviously spoken in character as a ignorant dockworker type. I'm always surprised that the Stones managed to grandfather in Brown Sugar. That's such a crude piss take. Can't deny the groove though.

Wood Goblin wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:50 am Not sure how it appears on the record, but Dire Straits dropped the homophobic slur in “Money for Nothing” from live performances pretty early on. It doesn’t appear in the version you hear on the radio, though it definitely did in the 80s.
The Cure did this as well with "Killing an Arab" changing it to "Killing Another." I learned this while searching Spotify for the former.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale