Re: "That's it for me" redux.

zorg wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:45 am Im ashamed to admit I googled Day Above Ground, and I guess this whole Asian Girl controversy went down like 10 years ago. What is somewhat interesting to me is how this all might have come to be. I guess these guys were never actually signed, and must have paid for what looks to be a pretty expensive video themselves, which then got them into hot water, because they\re too boneheaded to realize this was going to tank their fledgling rap/rock group. I like the Mr. Magoo guy on bass. I also like that the lead singer has erased as much as he could on the internet about his association with his former band and now has a website that has a Nietzsche quote on the splash page, with the following bio
Joe Anselm is a lifer. No marriages. No children. No 401K. Only music. And a hot girlfriend. Joe Anselm started dedicating his entire life to singing, bands, & songwriting way out West in the mid 2000's and he's still on that same road. He found his vocation, and despite the many pitfalls he's fallen in or dug himself, he's intending on going the distance. Joe Anselm is happy to play where ever he can & is grateful to share all the musical gifts he has
The whole thing has bit of a The Room vibe to it.
Sounds like a guy in banking that got his fuck off money and decided the world needed another Crazy Town...
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

zorg wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:45 am
Joe Anselm is a lifer. No marriages. No children. No 401K. Only music. And a hot girlfriend. Joe Anselm started dedicating his entire life to singing, bands, & songwriting way out West in the mid 2000's and he's still on that same road. He found his vocation, and despite the many pitfalls he's fallen in or dug himself, he's intending on going the distance. Joe Anselm is happy to play where ever he can & is grateful to share all the musical gifts he has
The whole thing has bit of a The Room vibe to it.
'Queensryche singer's infamous promo vid' vibe, but he has to talk around the absence of any real success.

handsbloodyhands wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:28 am Never knew of this until this week. Released 20 years ago, a number one and probably the worst song I've ever heard. The video ramps up how utterly horrible it is by 10. Enjoy.

It’s basically this with a budget

clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.