Tin Machine

Not crap
Total votes: 9 (53%)
Crap
Total votes: 8 (47%)
Total votes: 17

Re: Band - Tin Machine

numberthirty wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:49 am Some of y'all need to strongly consider giving this a second thought.
His instincts were correct - he saw the rock revival coming - but the music sounds like Chris Issak had a few too many manhattans and was convinced to get up on stage with the bar band.

Nice to see a few shots of Harley Flannegan in the video. Made me smile - not two worlds that mix that frequently.

I do think Tin Machine II is worth a listen. There are a couple of great songs on there. Amlapura and most of side one are quality. Stateside is what happens when that meme about drummers turning up to rehearsal with a song comes to life.

IMHO a lot of the dislike of TM is a residual cultural hangover of critics in the early 90s hating it.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Bluegum LaBloat wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:17 am Reeves Gabrels is one of the hardest suckers of shit that ever picked up a guitar, so naturally this band sucks shit extremely hard, and Bowie at his most brain-dead can do nothing to mitigate it.
Counterpoint: He is fantastic in the Cure. We saw them last year and it was kinda magical. Exactly one spot during the set where I felt 'pulled out' of the song by his shredding.

I have a little Reeves Gabrels story...15 years or so ago I mixed this:

Pretty easy to predict that most here aren't gonna like it even a little bit, but Reeves plays some really cool guitar on it, and the bass and drums are awesome. Anyway, Reeves had played a solo on the outro that was tasteful enough, it wasn't real shreddy or anything, but it was a real saturated, high gain 80s/90s tone and I just didn't like it. I said as much to the bass playing boss man and he replied "if you got something better let's hear it tough guy". So I did what I did and he dug it, the end.
work: http://oldcolonymastering.com
fun: https://morespaceecho.com