Auckland.

Hive mind, will be heading there in 2 weeks as the wife is going there for work, and they've been nice enough to send me too, gratis.

Looking for High end eats, bars and museum / stuff to do whilst she is in meetings.

Lesssssss Goooooooo
Trey Wrote: "How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose"

Re: Auckland.

Okay. It’s been a while but there’s some perennials.

If you’re based in the CBD it’s all very walkable.

Record stores:

www.realgroovy.co.nz
and of course www.flyingnun.co.nz
Get yourself a tee shirt.

Waiheke island for a day trip.

Ponsonby and Ponsonby Road have a ton of good food places. A big think in NZ is breakfast/Brunch. Do that. My non NZ wife was super impressed how much of a thing this is there.

K Road

https://neatplaces.co.nz/stories/compre ... ahape-road

There’s a bunch of guitar stores around there as well.

A fairly decent list of venues

https://www.aucklandnz.com/collections/ ... c-hotspots

The Powerstation being the most iconic.
https://www.powerstation.net.nz/

And of course the harbour area.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Man I really want to go back to New Zealand. Was there once around 11 years ago for just 3-4 days. I barely spent any time in Auckland CBD.

This is not the advice you asked for, but.. if you have access to a car, have a little bit of free time, and you're looking for great scenery, drive around the Coromandel Peninsula. Absolutely gorgeous.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

Good point. How long are you there?
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

speedie wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:11 am
Gramsci wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:00 am Good point. How long are you there?
Wednesday to Sunday mate
Ah, probably not too much time for tiki tours (NZ expression for short excursions), but you could do Waiheke.

Wednesday to Sunday mate
How was it? Not constantly raining I hope.

Gramsci wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:35 am
Wednesday to Sunday mate
Oh, not going until the 28th of August!
Trey Wrote: "How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose"

speedie wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:45 pm
Gramsci wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:35 am

Wednesday to Sunday mate
Oh, not going until the 28th of August!
So did it rain every day 😂