Re: Balls Effects / Balls Amplification

benadrian wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:23 pm
Teacher's Pet wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:05 am I'm wondering: could one use this Torlex Power Box for bass?
My new band has a song called "The Ballad of Torlex (the Snakesking)", but "Torlex Power Box" is pretty great.

I'm thinking of making a 20w version of my amp head and if I do, I'll have to use snakesking torlex".
Does the Line 6 Helix have a Torlax preset?

Another dumb question, this time for Dr. Balls; can the Zaytone pedal run on any voltage higher than 9v? I see a lot of pedals these days that can run on 9 to 18 V for higher headroom, but I don’t know if that works on something like this, and I’ve heard that you don’t want higher headroom on a fuzz pedal anyway. Just asking because I have one outlet left on my power brick but it’s 18 V.
Last edited by ChudFusk on Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Escape Rope / Black Mesa / Inflatable Sex Babies

ChudFusk wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:03 pm Another dumb question, this time for Dr. Balls; can the Zaytone pedal run on any voltage higher than 9v? I see a lot of pedals these days that can run on 9 to 18 V for higher headroom, but I don’t know if that works on something like this, and I’ve heard that you don’t want higher headroom on a fuzz pedal anyway. Just asking because I have one outlet left on my power brick but it’s 18 V.
Not dumb at all. You can run it safely on 18V as well as 9V.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thetonyballs/

tommy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:01 am
benadrian wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:05 pm
ChudFusk wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:03 pm Does the Line 6 Helix have a Torlax preset?
No, and I don't know why it doesn't.

What should be in that preset? Maybe the Sunn with like four RATs in front?
DS-1 into a Peavey Bandit or Fender M-80
Replacing the rat hair carpeting with snakeskin torlex would definitely make an M-80 sound better!
Escape Rope / Black Mesa / Inflatable Sex Babies