Re: Politics

So the Trump campaign thinks they found something that will stick, while trying to push the news cycle to be negative on Harris... That is, the Trump campaign is doubling down on what he said at the NABJ, and they are now attacking Harris for not really being black. Or, only being black when it's convenient. I've read countless trolls who even go so far as to state that Harris' father is actually of Indian decent, but moved to Jamaica, and therefore she's not even half black, she's full Indian. Or, even funnier, that her dad's great-great-great grandfather is actually a white slave owner who moved to Jamaica, so she's not even half black.

Of course, MAGA is lapping it up. They think his interview was a positive thing. He "went into a scorpion's den and CRUSHED it" they are saying.

I really don't know that a winning strategy here is going to be taking the most racist approach and trying to make this all about Kamala not being black. Or, being Indian. Or, not understanding what being biracial means. The irony is that JD Vance's kids are half Indian. So, JD Vance is going to have to debase himself and his family just to side with Trump on this. But yeah, who cares, because as Trump put it, VPs don't matter at all.

All of the Trumpisms are totally backfiring. Are we in a fever break? I feel like we are, but I am not going to believe it's over until it is.

I don't know if anyone saw this, but Kamala responded to this at a Rally in Atlanta by literally saying he needs to say this to her face, at a debate. It was fucking glorious.

I just hope the Harris campaign doesn't take the bait and start feeding the trolls. I hope she continues to just hit back the way she has since day one. So far, she seems to be taking a similar strategy as Obama, just staying on message and calling Trump out and making him look like a pussy.

Listen to how he says the word "black." Full of disdain. He's saying it with a hard "r."

People said the same kind of stuff about Obama in 2008. "He doesn't look black to me!" with one breath, while making racist comments about him with another.

Nate Dort wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:30 am Listen to how he says the word "black." Full of disdain. He's saying it with a hard "r."

People said the same kind of stuff about Obama in 2008. "He doesn't look black to me!" with one breath, while making racist comments about him with another.
Oh definitely. He's a fucking racist, but he doesn't believe it because he's the type of old fart that thinks being racist means outright calling black people the n-word is the only thing that defines it.

You could say that the first question that was asked by Rachel Scott was aggressive, but to be fair, he was asked why black voters should vote for him after all the racist things he's said, at a black venue he was invited to, in his crusade to court black voters. He doesn't believe he's racist, so that was offensive to him. To everyone that's not in the cult, it seemed like a perfectly reasonable, if not poignant, question to be asked of a presidential candidate, especially one who's so overtly racist.

The whole thing is so outrageous, that there's one thing that was totally missed. He literally said as a response to extremism within the republican party, that he's made the republican party less radical.

cakes wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:48 am
Nate Dort wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:30 am Listen to how he says the word "black." Full of disdain. He's saying it with a hard "r."

Oh definitely. He's a fucking racist, but he doesn't believe it because he's the type of old fart that thinks being racist means outright calling black people the n-word is the only thing that defines it.

You could say that the first question that was asked by Rachel Scott was aggressive, but to be fair, he was asked why black voters should vote for him after all the racist things he's said, at a black venue he was invited to, in his crusade to court black voters. He doesn't believe he's racist, so that was offensive to him. To everyone that's not in the cult, it seemed like a perfectly reasonable, if not poignant, question to be asked of a presidential candidate, especially one who's so overtly racist.

The whole thing is so outrageous, that there's one thing that was totally missed. He literally said as a response to extremism within the republican party, that he's made the republican party less radical.
When they asked him about black jobs I totally expected him to say something like janitor or shoe shine boy.
https://instagram.com/homo_nyms_?igshid ... c2ODk2ZA==
https://slowdownmercury.bandcamp.com/

turnbullac wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:07 am When they asked him about black jobs I totally expected him to say something like janitor or shoe shine boy.
I'm expecting republicans to state that they too have a black job. And it's being stolen by illegal immigrants that democrats are bussing in to vote for them while stealing those black jobs.

turnbullac wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:07 am
cakes wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:48 am

When they asked him about black jobs I totally expected him to say something like janitor or shoe shine boy.
Well, he did say that illegal immigrants were taking "black jobs," so I'd say it implies maid, landscaper, etc. Certainly not peddling snake oil vitamins on infomercials, and other Trump Org shit.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

Are there any UK FMs who'd like to explain what's going on in that video where a guy gets hit in the head by a brick, and then gets hit in the nuts by a 2nd brick?

Let me guess: The Taylor Swift dance class stabbing is being blamed on immigrants and this guy is an anti-immigrant protester?
Did he get hit by bricks thrown by his own team?