Re: Would y'all mind if we keep asking Cancer to Go Fuck Itself?

Gramsci wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:52 am
Frankie99 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:07 am The insurance thing is just such a hassle, and is so illogical that explaining it makes understanding it harder. My wife sat crying in a ball when the insurance company covered her port (a little implant in your chest that makes chemo delivery easier) but then DENIED THE CHEMO.

She had cancer, she had the fucking chemo delivery device implanted in her chest, the cancer could be terminal with treatment, was definitely terminal without, and they were just like "naw. no treatment for you."

hours of phone trees later and a goddamn written letter from her doc on why she needed chemo or would die, then they finally approved it the next day.

Madness.
This is what blew me away when I was studying the US health system. The ability for an insurance company to just say “no” you’re paying for that. It the reason medical bills are the US’s number one reason for bankruptcy… it’s pure insanity. It must have a significant impact on the country’s growth and stability of every family’s other than the super wealthy.
For our non US FMs: Good US health coverage where you don’t lose your house when you get cancer is called a “Cadillac” health plan. It’s insane.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

twelvepoint wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:10 pm
Frankie99 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:07 am The insurance thing is just such a hassle, and is so illogical that explaining it makes understanding it harder. My wife sat crying in a ball when the insurance company covered her port (a little implant in your chest that makes chemo delivery easier) but then DENIED THE CHEMO.

She had cancer, she had the fucking chemo delivery device implanted in her chest, the cancer could be terminal with treatment, was definitely terminal without, and they were just like "naw. no treatment for you."

hours of phone trees later and a goddamn written letter from her doc on why she needed chemo or would die, then they finally approved it the next day.

Madness.
This is what blew me away when I was studying the US health system. The ability for an insurance company to just say “no” you’re paying for that. It the reason medical bills are the US’s number one reason for bankruptcy… it’s pure insanity. It must have a significant impact on the country’s growth and stability of every family’s other than the super wealthy.
For our non US FMs: Good US health coverage where you don’t lose your house when you get cancer is called a “Cadillac” health plan. It’s insane.
Americans will find this article interesting. A British perspective of the US health system.

“A pain in the arse”
“So bad it’s easier to fly home…”

https://amp.theguardian.com/money/2015/ ... ed-enraged
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

twelvepoint wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:10 pm

Madness.
When we were drinking [ edit - driving! driving through the South!] through the South there were hundreds of people living under bridges. Many were holding signs that read “had to sell house to survive cancer - need food”. Otherwise normal people we met were just like “Well they should have made better choices in life. It’s so sad for them.”

It is fucking unbelievable
"lol, listen to op 'music' and you'll understand"....

https://sebastiansequoiah-grayson.bandcamp.com/
https://oblier.bandcamp.com/releases
https://youtube.com/user/sebbityseb

Okay. I just had the big post treatment review with my clinical team.

Clear. Like, actually clear.

There’s a tiny residual amount of disease but so low its margin of error stuff. I’ve also tolerated an extremely heavy treatment very well. A stem cell transplant can be an absolute nightmare in side effects and after treatment complications. I’ve had zero.

The other “good news” is the trial I’m on randomised me to the most advanced consolidation treatment. I’ll be receiving drugs right on the cutting edge of science that aren’t available to current standard treatment. This will deepen and lengthen my remission significantly.

I’d mostly been pretty good mentally but had started to dip a bit recently. After this it’s a huge relief.

Keep strong everyone else that has this in your lives. You have all of my -parasocial- compassion.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:39 am Okay. I just had the big post treatment review with my clinical team.

Clear. Like, actually clear.

There’s a tiny residual amount of disease but so low its margin of error stuff. I’ve also tolerated an extremely heavy treatment very well. A stem cell transplant can be an absolute nightmare in side effects and after treatment complications. I’ve had zero.

The other “good news” is the trial I’m on randomised me to the most advanced consolidation treatment. I’ll be receiving drugs right on the cutting edge of science that aren’t available to current standard treatment. This will deepen and lengthen my remission significantly.

I’d mostly been pretty good mentally but had started to dip a bit recently. After this it’s a huge relief.

Keep strong everyone else that has this in your lives. You have all of my -parasocial- compassion.
Good news. Keep steppin'.
at war with bellends