Re: Help me remember thread

Friend is trying to figure out the name of a horror movie.

Late 90s/Early 00s, direct to DVD.

Husband and wife work together to murder people.

They may or may not have had a daughter that died but they still pretended she was alive.

Dinner scene where they kill all the guests.

Another scene where the husband had some girl tied to the bed and tried to give her to the wife as a present. But the wife was mad at him and got pissed and was like fuck you.

Movie may have ended with the couple getting in a fight and killing each other.

It is not The Dinner Party (2009).

It’s not the similar movie where the son dies and comes back.

DVD cover - man and woman standing next to each other with skin masks on but the cover looked like shitty photoshop and didn’t have anything to do with the movie.

The name of an old church that was repurposed for shows on the near Southside of Chicago (I think it was the near Southside). Close to Chinatown, maybe? The Bitter Tears once played there...possibly an art gallery. I can't be making this up.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

Nate Dort wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:59 pm Friend is trying to figure out the name of a horror movie.

They may or may not have had a daughter that died but they still pretended she was alive.

Another scene where the husband had some girl tied to the bed and tried to give her to the wife as a present. But the wife was mad at him and got pissed and was like fuck you.

DVD cover - man and woman standing next to each other with skin masks on but the cover looked like shitty photoshop and didn’t have anything to do with the movie.
Parts of this sound like Hounds of Love, but other parts like the DVD cover, dinner scene, and release date are pretty off. Was it Australian?

Nate Dort wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:59 pm Friend is trying to figure out the name of a horror movie.

Suburban Nightmare (2004)?