Re: Let Us See Your Pedalboard

tallchris wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:02 pm Current bass board but I feel like I need to strip it down to just the tuner, one of the Rats, and the KWB+.

Similar thang. Board-less bass board, wires everywhere:
Low vol + watt deal thru a 15 at home.

Had a Tone Job in place of the White Light for a spell but I keep coming back to the latter.

mdc wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:37 am I wish they'd do a Waza LS-2 with a tails switch.
You can make the LS-2 do trails with a Y cable or mini passive mixer. In fact you can use the same technique to make any A/B or effect loop pedal into a trailsinator. Just send your guitar to the IN of the A/B, then the A out (or just Send of the loop) to the delay/reverb pedal, then connect the OUT of the effect pedal to one arm of the Y cable and the B of the A/B (or the OUT of the loop pedal) to the other arm of the Y, and finally the leg of the Y goes to your amp or next pedal. Nothing plugs into the Return jack. When you switch the loop on or select A out, your signal goes to the effect, and when you switch to the B or bypass setting, the effect pedal is still sending its decay to one arm of the Y cable and the clean guitar signal is coming out of the B (or OUT) jack to the other arm of the Y. A mini passive resistance mixer should provide similar and possibly better results, depending on impedance etc.
Escape Rope / Black Mesa / Inflatable Sex Babies

My home/small board, running into a Blackheart Little Giant with 2 1x12s (one with a Celestion Sidewinder, one with a mystery speaker with an aluminium dustcap - might be a McKenzie, sounds good anyway) and a Tech 21 Power Engine 60 with a Celestion Sidewinder in it:
Might swap the CE5 for something else, maybe a compressor, we’ll see. Might also move the Mig50 preamp to on top of the Power Engine and have some sort of multi modulation pedal there.

ChudFusk wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:19 pm
mdc wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:37 am I wish they'd do a Waza LS-2 with a tails switch.
You can make the LS-2 do trails with a Y cable or mini passive mixer. In fact you can use the same technique to make any A/B or effect loop pedal into a trailsinator. Just send your guitar to the IN of the A/B, then the A out (or just Send of the loop) to the delay/reverb pedal, then connect the OUT of the effect pedal to one arm of the Y cable and the B of the A/B (or the OUT of the loop pedal) to the other arm of the Y, and finally the leg of the Y goes to your amp or next pedal. Nothing plugs into the Return jack. When you switch the loop on or select A out, your signal goes to the effect, and when you switch to the B or bypass setting, the effect pedal is still sending its decay to one arm of the Y cable and the clean guitar signal is coming out of the B (or OUT) jack to the other arm of the Y. A mini passive resistance mixer should provide similar and possibly better results, depending on impedance etc.
Kinda, yes, but afaik it's usually better to have that mixer be buffered. Either way I would be happier with a toggle switch.

Nico Adie wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:13 am My home/small board, running into a Blackheart Little Giant with 2 1x12s (one with a Celestion Sidewinder, one with a mystery speaker with an aluminium dustcap - might be a McKenzie, sounds good anyway) and a Tech 21 Power Engine 60 with a Celestion Sidewinder in it:
Might swap the CE5 for something else, maybe a compressor, we’ll see. Might also move the Mig50 preamp to on top of the Power Engine and have some sort of multi modulation pedal there.
Hey, another Hot Drive n’ Boost owner! Pretty solid sounding pedal but come on with the 120v plug and super tall profile.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

twelvepoint wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:39 am
Nico Adie wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:13 am My home/small board, running into a Blackheart Little Giant with 2 1x12s (one with a Celestion Sidewinder, one with a mystery speaker with an aluminium dustcap - might be a McKenzie, sounds good anyway) and a Tech 21 Power Engine 60 with a Celestion Sidewinder in it:
Hey, another Hot Drive n’ Boost owner! Pretty solid sounding pedal but come on with the 120v plug and super tall profile.
I kinda like the t h I c c style Carl Martin jawns with the rat tail. You allegedly get more headroom with the high voltage and it’s more robust than a 9 V cable and if you use it in the back row of pedals as shown, the height makes it accessible. I had the original “The Fuzz“ pedal, which is really more of a distortion, and I kind of wish I still had it.
Last edited by ChudFusk on Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Escape Rope / Black Mesa / Inflatable Sex Babies

The tallness of it is a boon for me for where it sits on the board so I’m not complaining. Really like the sound of it though, especially stacked with the Distortion III, which is really an overdrive.

ChudFusk wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:33 pm
I kinda like the t h I c c style Carl Martin jawns with the rat tail. You allegedly get more headroom with the high voltage and it’s more robust than a 9 V cable and if you use it in the back row of pedals as shown, the height makes it accessible. I had the original “The Fuzz“ pedal, which is really more of a distortion, and I kind of wish I still had it.
Fair points. Also when those designs came out 12 and 18v taps on power supplies weren’t the norm.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com