Design a new Illinois flag. (Contest opens September 3, closes October 18.)

Illinois wants a new state flag.
Beginning on Tuesday, Sept. 3, the Illinois Flag Commission will start accepting public submissions for a new state flag design.

You can visit this page, which will allow to submit a design beginning on that date. You can also mail your design to:

The Illinois Flag Commission
Howlett Building, Room 476
501 S. Second St.
Springfield, IL 62756

The commission will accept design ideas for consideration from the public – via online or mail – until Oct. 18.

Guidelines:

Some general guidance for submissions includes:

Design elements can include natural features of the state, history and culture of the state.
No limit on flag shape or ratio but designs may be edited by the commission.
No limit on colors but recommended less than three colors for clarity of design.
Participants can upload online or can submit their design via mail addressed to Illinois Flag Commission, Howlett Building, Room 476, 501 S. Second St., Springfield, IL 62756
Participants are required to provide their first and last name, address, email address and phone number. They are also required to explain their relationship to Illinois and provide a description of their flag entry (each category limited to 500 characters).
To upload an image, the file will need to be 5mb or less and in PNG, GIF, or JPG format.
There should be no watermarks or frames around the image.
By submitting a design to the Commission, the designer is authorizing the Commission and the State of Illinois to take ownership of the design
Persons under 18 may submit designs if submitted in coordination with a parent/ guardian, teacher or adult mentor.
Designs cannot be copied from other designs or use existing logos or copyrighted materials; however, the design can include elements or reproductions of the State Seal or any prior Illinois State flag.
Designs cannot be AI generated.
Submissions are limited to three per person.
Submissions from outside the United States, i.e. military bases, need to be made by regular mail.
I would like the state to use Jay Ryan's horde of Italian greyhounds that he drew for Excellent Italian Greyhound. What would you design to represent the Land of Lincoln?

Re: Design a new Illinois flag. (Contest opens September 3, closes October 18.)

jfv wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:13 am
ErickC wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:11 am Hahahaha I can't wait for the Republicans to flip out over it and turn it into another the-world-is-ending issue like they're doing here in Minnesota.
I know you have mentioned your recent disdain for where you live but I do love the new Minnesota flag.
Minnesota more like Minnadishu
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Re: Design a new Illinois flag. (Contest opens September 3, closes October 18.)

jfv wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:13 am
ErickC wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:11 am Hahahaha I can't wait for the Republicans to flip out over it and turn it into another the-world-is-ending issue like they're doing here in Minnesota.
I know you have mentioned your recent disdain for where you live but I do love the new Minnesota flag.
Really? It looks butt ugly to me, very corporate.

Maersk
Minnesota
Last edited by zorg on Wed Aug 28, 2024 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.