Re: Musical Late Bloomers

RJD definitely counts. He apparently started with doo-wop in the 60's, but was screaming in Rainbow by the mid-70's. Dude went on tour with Sabbath while dying from stomach cancer. A real metal warrior.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

chexmixbreath wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:07 am
hbiden@onlyfans.com wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:28 am built to spill
The first two Built to Spill records were/are massively underrated and overlooked in favor of Perfect from Now on and Keep It Like a Secret. Thankfully these days on the web, I'm seeing more praise and general discussion of the first two compared to about 16 years ago when I was first getting into them (BtS are *right now* doing a There's Nothing Wrong with Love 30th anniversary tour!)
There’s nothing wrong with loving there’s nothing wrong with love.
But they just got undeniably better at what they were trying to do in the studio. I guess the weirdness went away for me after 590 listens lol. Now they sound the same (until the secret track kicks in)

chexmixbreath wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:02 am Norman Cook (aka Fatboy Slim) comes to mind as someone who had TWO UK #1 singles (with Housemartins in 1986, and Beats International in 1990). But did anyone really know who he was until "Praise You" and "The Rockafeller Skank" took off in 1998/1999?
This isn't 'public profile' late bloomers.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

ChudFusk wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:42 am
Curry Pervert wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:35 pm Bowie.

Slogged away for years in various incarnations before making any kind of impact.
Yeah, he didn’t really blossom until he did that collab with Trent Reznor
Not sure if this is uninformed sarcasm or obscure humour, but I don't get it.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.