Re: Auckland.

Gramsci wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:41 am
speedie wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:45 pm
Gramsci wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:35 am

How was it? Not constantly raining I hope.
Oh, not going until the 28th of August!
So did it rain every day 😂
All except one!

The food around the Viaduct area is 100% ON FUCKING POINT: White and Wongs, Amano, Bivacco, Rosie's Red Hot Cantina (TACOS BABY)

Lordy. Not one bad meal.
Trey Wrote: "How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose"

speedie wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:42 pm
Gramsci wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:41 am
speedie wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:45 pm
Oh, not going until the 28th of August!
So did it rain every day 😂
All except one!

The food around the Viaduct area is 100% ON FUCKING POINT: White and Wongs, Amano, Bivacco, Rosie's Red Hot Cantina (TACOS BABY)

Lordy. Not one bad meal.
Yep. NZ is food heaven. Even at some road side cafe in a small town you’ll find fantastic stuff.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

jfv wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:37 pm Man I really want to go back to New Zealand. Was there once around 11 years ago for just 3-4 days. I barely spent any time in Auckland CBD.

This is not the advice you asked for, but.. if you have access to a car, have a little bit of free time, and you're looking for great scenery, drive around the Coromandel Peninsula. Absolutely gorgeous.
It's been 7 years since I've been to NZ, but my first drive out of Auckland was to Coromandel peninsula. Loved it. Worth the drive. HOWEVER, if you are not used to driving on the left, your passenger may get carsick due to all the switchbacks. I recommend Dramamine or any kind of motion-sickness medication for at least your passenger.

A day trip to Waiheke was a great experience. The ferry dropped us off and we walked much of the island.

Personally, I enjoyed the South Island more than the North Island. If I have a chance to return, I would go back to Te Anau and the Fjordlands/Milford Sound. I wish I had more time to explore Dunedin and would have loved to visit the Nelson area.
old stuff

South Island scenery kind of blows the North Island away. The North is fine, beaches, farmland, orchards and wineries, some national parks. Not saying it's bad. But the South brings out the alpine big guns and the serious fjord action. It's the kind of fuck-you expensive scenery that has American billionaires clamouring to snatch away for their own private enjoyment.

I was in Dunedin not long ago and the place just has good vibes.

Anthony Flack wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:47 pm South Island scenery kind of blows the North Island away. The North is fine, beaches, farmland, orchards and wineries, some national parks. Not saying it's bad. But the South brings out the alpine big guns and the serious fjord action. It's the kind of fuck-you expensive scenery that has American billionaires clamouring to snatch away for their own private enjoyment.

I was in Dunedin not long ago and the place just has good vibes.
I grew up around Southland, Fjordland and Central Otago and you end up taking epic mountain ranges and Fjords for granted. Milford Sound is one of the wonders of the world and for 12 year old me it was school camp. I had a Scottish colleague try bonding with me over the Highlands (southern NZ also has deep Scottish colonial roots) He showed me a pic of the Highlands, I was “oh, you have some nice hills there” 😭
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Carl wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:12 am I could happily spend 20 years on the South Island, with the occasional trip to Stewart Island.
I spent 25 years there growing up. I imagine the closest you’d have in the US would be Colorado or Montana. I have zero complaints about my formative years there. Christchurch especially was the perfect size to be involved in a scene and even had some genuinely great bands… Bailter Space… I lived in one of Alistair’s old houses for a while. It still had murals he’d painted on the walls. I took the landscape for granted. We’d get in the car and drive to Aoraki / Mount Cook to pick magic mushrooms. My childhood holidays were spent on mountain lakes around Queenstown. I’ve luckily discovered Bavaria and Austria for summer holidays here in Europe so I can share that with my kids. I’ll take a Bavarian lake over the blistering Med any summer.