Re: Politics

What that basically says to me is that because a sizable amount of people are bigoted, marginalized people just need to suck it up. How come it’s never the bigots that are called “narcissistic” for not caving to trans rights or supporting an end to Palestinian genocide? Why is it always marginalized people’s fucking fault? The Republicans make up baseless lies that the media repeats and pushes laws that cause mass suffering to us, and it’s “sorry, enough people believe them so under the bus you go”. What the actual fuck.

I should once again repeat that I’m planning on voting for Harris and I don’t think voting third party will make anything better. But I don’t think most of the “Pennsylvania Muslims voting for Jill Stein” actually think that either. I think they are understandably pissed that both major parties financially and through weaponry support a state committing a genocide against people like them and just can’t bring themselves to vote for either because of it. I think it’s ridiculously hypocritical and bigoted to be upset at them moreso than those who would only vote for the Democrats if they continue their support to Israel solely because they are fewer in number or against the “status quo”. I’ve seen countless people online rail against Muslims or trans people or whoever that states they don’t want to vote for the dems, and barely a peep about the bigots in the party whose votes would be lost if different positions were taken. If the Dems really can’t win without the support of both groups, I really hope you’re directing at least as much energy chastising transphobes and zionists in the party as much as I’ve seen towards Muslims and trans people who aren’t voting for them.

Anthony Flack wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:09 pm Splitting the left is the enemy's entire strategy.
👆🏻
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote:
Anthony Flack wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:09 pm Splitting the left is the enemy's entire strategy.
👆🏻
Also agreeing.

We fucking cheer when the right-wing demographic is a pronounced, diluted mix of trad conservatives, nutty Tea Partiers who evolved into MAGA dicks, libertarians, and other factions w/competing interests who just fight amongst themselves. Why? B/c unless a politician from any party has serious cult of personality (a la Trump, Reagan, JFK, and to a much lesser extent, Obama) or despotic tendencies (Trump again), that politician will not be able to unite anyone to win an election or pass much of an agenda at all even if elected.

The difference is the right will always vote their ghoul. Whether it’s libertarian blowhards, Maga Chuds, NatSec War Crime Fans, Uncle Tom Car Dealers or Gays for No Taxes they will vote Republican in a heartbeat.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Oh, that crying lady-ghoul Laura Loomer is back and hilarity ensues.