Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Crap
Total votes: 17 (47%)
Not crap
Total votes: 19 (53%)
Total votes: 36

Re: Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

OrthodoxEaster wrote:
Krev wrote: I don't think Sonic Youth need to be retroactively canceled despite being dicks to Narduwar.
You're too late, friend. There's definitely a Thurston-had-an-affair-so-he-must-be-a-sexist-pig-and-I-can't-listen-to-him-anymore element online that was making a lot of noise for a spell, if not quite canceling the band outright. Thankfully, it seems to have died down lately. Personally, I think people's marriages aren't anyone's business except maybe their own and/or their kids'. But the new puritans (to quote the Fall) of the digital age seem to think otherwise. [musters best grandpa voice] Reminds me of churchy housewives commenting on tabloid-celeb behavior in the '80s, I'll tell you. I do long for the days when nonmainstream culture seemed "above" such triflings.
Agreed. People being described as ‘abusive’ because of their infidelity is fucking bullshit. Kids need to get a fucking grip. It’s none of our fucking business.
gonzochicago wrote: Doubling down on life, I guess you could say.

llllllllllllllllllll wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:31 pm People were 100% telling on themselves left and right when Sonic Youth broke up. They are not your mom and dad
You should see Moore’s Instagram. At times it’s flooded with outraged morons banging on about his relationships. He posted a pro Harris… post and the comments were riddled with “how dare you tell me to not vote Trump, you fucked someone that wasn’t your wife!”… the irony of that outrage obviously completely lost on them.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

twelvepoint wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:41 pm
llllllllllllllllllll wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:31 pm People were 100% telling on themselves left and right when Sonic Youth broke up. They are not your mom and dad
I get what you’re putting down, but there was definitely a period of my adolescence where music, and probably some individual bands, had a bigger influence on me than my parents.
so glad I grew out of that.
I should thank my favorite bands for getting on social media and exposing their imperfections for everyone to see.

jeff fox wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:25 pm
OrthodoxEaster wrote:
Krev wrote: I don't think Sonic Youth need to be retroactively canceled despite being dicks to Narduwar.
You're too late, friend. There's definitely a Thurston-had-an-affair-so-he-must-be-a-sexist-pig-and-I-can't-listen-to-him-anymore element online that was making a lot of noise for a spell, if not quite canceling the band outright. Thankfully, it seems to have died down lately. Personally, I think people's marriages aren't anyone's business except maybe their own and/or their kids'. But the new puritans (to quote the Fall) of the digital age seem to think otherwise. [musters best grandpa voice] Reminds me of churchy housewives commenting on tabloid-celeb behavior in the '80s, I'll tell you. I do long for the days when nonmainstream culture seemed "above" such triflings.
Agreed. People being described as ‘abusive’ because of their infidelity is fucking bullshit. Kids need to get a fucking grip. It’s none of our fucking business.
Kind of related the Gen Z meltdown on Twitter over Cannibal Corspe was hilarious. Basically someone discovered that CC existed and started a huge pile on of the band and singer Corspegrinder over the lyrics. It had zero impact other than a bunch of “So you just discovered Death Metal kiddo, how cute”.

Corpsegrinder’s instagram is hilarious.

clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.