Re: Politics

Oh, I'll shame ANY marginalized person for voting third party this time around. No problem here! It's objectively a vote for Trump and that's not even up for discussion. It's a vote to EXPEDITE the genocide that's already taking place and possibly send thousands of migrants to meet a similar fate. It's a vote against the well being of any non-christian, non-white, or LGBT person. I'll shame them and I won't feel conflicted about it!

If it's done under the guise of "burning it all down"? Well, congrats, I guess, because this time around it might be successful.

(side note: I hope 2025 miraculously brings an end to crusties with back patches yelling "burn it all down". Fuck.)
Last edited by jeff fox on Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gonzochicago wrote: Doubling down on life, I guess you could say.

Palestinian Poet Refaat Alareer last words before being killed by an Israeli missile were “The Democratic Party and (US President Joe) Biden are responsible for the Gaza genocide perpetrated by Israel." But go off on how you're morally superior if that helps you sleep at night.

jeff fox wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:52 pm Oh, I'll shame ANY marginalized person for voting third party this time around. No problem here! It's objectively a vote for Trump and that's not even up for discussion. It's a vote to EXPEDITE the genocide that's already taking place and possibly send thousands of migrants to meet a similar fate. It's a vote against the well being of any non-christian, non-white, non-LGBT person. I'll shame them and I won't feel conflicted about it!

If it's done under the guise of "burning it all down"? Well, congrats, I guess, because this time around it might be successful.

(side note: I hope 2025 miraculously brings an end to crusties with back patches yelling "burn it all down". Fuck.)

Israel is considering offering 250,000 African asylum-seekers permanent residency if they assist with the genocide of Palestinians. This is unconscionable, heinous, and illegal. I am having a difficult time understanding how a protest vote will stop Israel's crimes knowing full-well the USA's commitment to allyship under a Harris-Walz administration would fare no better. But I'm still voting for Harris because though what Israel is doing is fiendish I am focused on how 4 more years of a Trump administration will unravel the incremental gains and civil rights fought for by black Americans. I wish one of the vocal protest voters in this thread would speak to how their indignation will affect white supremacy in America. I just don't get it, but, then again I do when considering how historically America has never been able to think of the damage it causes when centering itself as a savior to all.

Starting to ramble so tl;dr: exactly how is voting green or whatever beneficial to black folk? Yeah, pretty much centering black people in this equation. What will your aid in ushering a Trump administration do for me? I'm aware of the incrementalism desired by Democrats, so there's no need to go there. How does your protest vote help black Americans?
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

Nothing will change through electoral politics.... as if the last few decades aren't proof enough of that.

At this point, I'm pretty sure the dems no longer even qualify as the lesser-of-two-evils. And 4+ decades of this this mentality is precisely why you have the bar lowered to the depths it has gotten and the shit choices you are hocking us. It's pitiful and you can thank yourself for that.

I will either be voting for anyone that is anti-war/anti genocide (likely Green) or I will be abstaining from voting altogether.

You aren't entitled to anybody's vote... So go piss up a fucking tree.

themilford wrote:I will either be voting for anyone that is anti-war/anti genocide (likely Green) or I will be abstaining from voting altogether.
I can appreciate this, but how does it benefit African-Americans who have been experiencing their own war/genocide?
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:01 pm a Trump administration will unravel the incremental gains and civil rights fought for by black Americans.
….. How does your protest vote help black Americans?
I think it would help to know what these gains were,
Under Democrats, and what might have lapsed during Trump mk. 1.
jeff fox wrote: and possibly send thousands of migrants to meet a similar fate.
I suggest you look at who built the existant border wall, and the deportation numbers during current and previous administrations. It does not paint the picture of Dems being migrant friendly. Much to Trump’s consternation, I’m sure.

rsmurphy wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:01 pm Israel is considering offering 250,000 African asylum-seekers permanent residency if they assist with the genocide of Palestinians.
I seem to remember a certain European regime making similar deals with some folks from Africa in their genocide against a certain religious group in the 1940s.

Total_douche, MSW, LICSW (lulz)

themilford wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:14 pm Nothing will change through electoral politics.... as if the last few decades aren't proof enough of that.
Things DID change for me! I was able to fucking marry my husband and benefit from all that that entails!

Tantrum Vote is the absolute PERFECT term for it.
gonzochicago wrote: Doubling down on life, I guess you could say.