Re: Politics

Curry Pervert wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:37 pm
penningtron wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:16 am Oh, she did say she'd make the phone call on day 1 to end the war on Gaza. A fuckin' phone call! She's run 4 times and thinks that's how presidenting works!
You think if Biden/Harris/trump/whoever called netanyahu and said "sort this out or you're getting cut off!" he wouldn't do it? It's happened before.
if only it were that cut and dried. Netanyahu way more malignant than that, which exactly the problem
Anthony Flack wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:28 am It's a bit unkind to sweaty creeps and perverts, implying that they vote Republican.

Subway Masturbators For Harris 2024

PASTA wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:50 pm if only it were that cut and dried. Netanyahu way more malignant than that, which exactly the problem
Maybe, but he would be cutting off his nose to spite his face. Without US monetary and military support, Israel would be dead in the water.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

Curry Pervert wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:56 pm
PASTA wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:50 pm if only it were that cut and dried. Netanyahu way more malignant than that, which exactly the problem
Maybe, but he would be cutting off his nose to spite his face. Without US monetary and military support, Israel would be dead in the water.
don't underestimate that vile human
Anthony Flack wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:28 am It's a bit unkind to sweaty creeps and perverts, implying that they vote Republican.

Subway Masturbators For Harris 2024

RE: third part voting.

In regards to the upcoming election, fair enough. trump and maga need to be destroyed.

However in the wider context, fuck off. Just fuck off.

You're consigning everybody to the bullshit one party state that has caused pretty much all the misery for ordinary people of the last 40 years. You want real change? There's only two ways you're going to get it. The first is revolution. Good luck getting enough people to make that happen. The other way is to break the one party system. This will not be a quick method. It will take time and a few election cycles. But that doesn't mean it can't happen. Go look at the wikipedia page for the SNP -Scottish National Party. They used to be one of these 'wasted vote' parties up until a few years ago, then they got so much support that they almost completely wiped out the major parties altogether in Scotland - no mean feat. They have since squandered their opportunity and instead of capitalising on that support they procrastinated (likely because of the gravy train) and have now become just another bunch of also-rans, mostly because people prioritised dumping the tories above independence. But they could have been so much more.

The longest journey starts with the first step.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

Curry Pervert wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:35 pm
jfv wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:44 pm This business involving the Hezbollah pagers simultaneously exploding and hurting thousands is equal parts intriguing and terrifying.
I'm astounded this is the only post in this thread to mention this.

It should be noted that although Israel and it's cheerleaders are claiming the pagers all belonged to Hezbollah operatives, there are no independent sources that can confirm this. In fact, there are mounting accounts that many innocent civilians and healthcare operatives are the ones to have been injured. These things went off in moving cars (which obviously renders the vehicle out of control, if only temporary) markets, etc.
Agree.. my post was right after it happened, and a lot more is known 24+ hours later. Media was definitely at first emphasizing it was (only) an attack on Hezbollah but it certainly appears that there was a considerable amount of collateral damage.

The idea that a government can tamper with a shipment of products like this is fucking scary. It should NEVER happen.

Anyway. This kind of government-sponsored terror is on-brand for the Israeli government at the moment. Netanyahu has got to fucking go.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

The pagers thing is distinctively terrorism flavored. I mean, state violence killing people is awful any way you cut it, but Israel seemed to like the classic military clear cutting brutality instead of the scattered, sneaky chaos. I'm trying to think of what that tells us. Perhaps that they don't have the resources or justification to go nakedly aggressive in Lebanon.

Their international standing is sinking even further, not that their main supporters seem to notice.

PASTA wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:05 pm don't underestimate that vile human
I'm not. He shares characteristics with trump - he had legal issues before 7th Oct, and would happily burn Israel to the ground to save his own ass. From what I can tell the majority of the Israeli population and many people in the Israeli Govt would like to oust him.

But....he persists.

losthighway wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:19 pm The pagers thing is distinctively terrorism flavored. I mean, state violence killing people is awful any way you cut it, but Israel seemed to like the classic military clear cutting brutality instead of the scattered, sneaky chaos. I'm trying to think of what that tells us. Perhaps that they don't have the resources or justification to go nakedly aggressive in Lebanon.

Their international standing is sinking even further, not that their main supporters seem to notice.
Looks like they went for walkie talkies today.

So that’s fantastic.

Curry Pervert wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:35 pm
jfv wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:44 pm This business involving the Hezbollah pagers simultaneously exploding and hurting thousands is equal parts intriguing and terrifying.
I'm astounded this is the only post in this thread to mention this.

It should be noted that although Israel and it's cheerleaders are claiming the pagers all belonged to Hezbollah operatives, there are no independent sources that can confirm this. In fact, there are mounting accounts that many innocent civilians and healthcare operatives are the ones to have been injured. These things went off in moving cars (which obviously renders the vehicle out of control, if only temporary) markets, etc.

There's also a report that said the Ukrainian ambassador was injured by one of these pagers.
i heard it was the iranian ambassador.
Was he working with Hezbollah?