Re: Little Details from Your Day

jfv wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:45 pm Needed an ambulance at the house today.

Daughter’s band was rehearsing in the basement and the guitarist dislocated their knee.

I wish I could tell you it was due to something spectacular like they jumped off a stack of speakers, but it was much more mundane.

Anyway, couldn’t figure out how to get the kid safely up the stairs without hurting them… hence the ambulance call. Kid was in a lot of pain, even under the care of paramedics.

That was… traumatic.

Anyway, all seems to be okay now.
I cannot wait until the kiddo's band is practicing at the house. The hard part will be forcing myself to not start every sentence with "When I was your age and we were just starting out...."

I hope the little one heals up quick and is back at it soon.
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.

dontfeartheringo wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:05 am I cannot wait until the kiddo's band is practicing at the house. The hard part will be forcing myself to not start every sentence with "When I was your age and we were just starting out...."
Yes, it's difficult to impose as little as possible.

I remember when my own band was starting out in high school. My dad, a music teacher, someone who at the time could play circles around any of my bandmates or me on any instrument, helped us set up equipment and then got out of the way. It was very much appreciated, so I try to remember that when working with my daughter.

My dad did eventually guest in our band on occasion, but only after we had some semblance of competence on our instruments.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

I remember setting up for first band practice back in sophomore year of high school and not knowing shit from shit. No idea what a PA was so we took my Dad's old nice stereo and plugged a mic through it. Blew his very nice Rectilinear Highboy speakers. I still can't believe he didnt kill me.
guitar in - weaklungband.bandcamp.com/

kokorodoko wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:01 am
kokorodoko wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:11 pm Had a job for a few weeks and I came to like one person especially ..., I decided I was going to ask them if they wanted to meet some other time.
Never got an answer back. I guess it could be bad luck but it feels like a curse.
Could also be that they're an asshole and you dodged a bullet unknowingly. You never know....

I just turned down a $100 bribe from someone wanting to enter the preserve without a reservation. Me and my stupid morals.

Edit: Update- I was standing around and noticed a cool and refreshing breeze on my junk. Turns out my pants are split. Going to need to go into town and buy some britches. Could’ve bought an awfully nice pair with that $100!