Re: Politics

penningtron wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 11:00 am
rsmurphy wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:33 amIf Trump wins by hook or by crook Vance will take over much sooner than 2028. It's why he was pleasant last night
Exactly. He basically dodged the first question to open up with I'm just a good country boy from Ohio Please Like Me shit when his mentor and benefactor wants the government to make RoboCops.
and walz's answer was focused on trump and kelly. who cares?
vance could have clearly said he supports israel, but walz already covered that angle. what's the point?

and 62% of the PRF supports robocop.
"Our findings show that when speed cameras are doing the ticketing, the proportion of tickets issued to Black and white drivers aligns closely with their respective share of roadway users. With human enforcement, in contrast, police officers stop Black drivers at a rate that far outstrips their presence on the road.

For instance, on roads where half of drivers are Black, Black drivers receive approximately 54% of automated camera citations. However, they make up about 70% of police stops.

On roadways where half of the drivers are white, white drivers account for around half of automated citations – and less than 20% of police stops. "

penningtron wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:14 am Walz did just ok though. I wish the Dems would have come up with a stronger economic message than thousand dollar tax credits here and there. Trump is 'winning' on the economy, as fucking bonkers revisionist as that is, which might ultimately do it for him. It will be hard not feeling sick for the next 5 weeks..
I'm no debater, but I don't understand why they don't circle back to underline things. Walz already put up the manufacturing jobs data once, and it's far better under Biden. When Vance says some shit about "You had 3 and a half years, why didn't you. The economy for working Americans under Trump, blah, blah", I wanted Walz to repeat: "We have the numbers, dude. Your guy lost jobs. Our party created more."

losthighway wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:02 pm When Vance says some shit about "You had 3 and a half years, why didn't you. The economy for working Americans under Trump, blah, blah", I wanted Walz to repeat: "We have the numbers, dude. Your guy lost jobs. Our party created more."
Yeah. Buttigieg is a better debater on those points and didn't quite rub off on Walz, who came across cornered and stammering by maintaining his Midwestern Nice. God I was itching for a retort like "I already answered that you eyeliner cunt!" (but, y'know.. the polished version of that)
Music