Re: Politics

zorg wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:26 pm He seems to like to make up fish tales about really dumb stuff,, which undercuts his otherwise folksy wholesomeness, and he does look a lot like The Cowardly Lion.

Fairly accurate. He comes across as honest, wholesome, and perhaps a bit of a bumblefuck.

zorg wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:26 pm Meanwhile Vance passes as a pretty good lesser Bond villian.
Vance is semi polished, dishonest and power hungry and you could see it in that performance. Unfortunately some people don't give a shit about the negative parts of that statement.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

Curry Pervert wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:41 pm
Krev wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:29 pm RFK is back in the news. It's hard to believe that guy was trying to appeal with his "youth and vigor." He looks like a fuckin' bog body.
He reminds me of the alien in Men In Black that put the dudes skin on and it doesn't fit right.

"MORE SUGAR"
If not getting "the jab" leaves you looking like that, sign me up for weekly injections.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

Anthony Flack wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:36 pm Imagine if you went to see the movie Robocop and it was about a speed camera.
They scoop the brains of a cop killed in the line of duty into a speed camera to allow the camera to properly racially profile the drivers…..but they didn’t anticipate that the cop had a guilty conscience!, and instead it targets the corrupt New Detroit politicians and businessmen in a bid to bring down their evil plans. Unfortunately, the “robocop” can only communicate through citations mailed to citizens which puts into jeopardy his quest for justice, as people mistake his messages for more bills.

Krev wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:04 pm
Krev wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:29 pm RFK is back in the news. It's hard to believe that guy was trying to appeal with his "youth and vigor." He looks like a fuckin' bog body.
He reminds me of the alien in Men In Black that put the dudes skin on and it doesn't fit right.

"MORE SUGAR"
If not getting "the jab" leaves you looking like that, sign me up for weekly injections.
Gonna take a wild guess that he's one of those "sunscreens are carcinogenic!" people.
Music

Walz did a shit job, his entire role should have been to make Vance look like the fucking piece of shit freak he is. Only livened up at the end for the J6 questions which fortunately are dominating mainstream coverage.

The Harris team shouldn't have hired any of Biden's people. It should have launched them into the sun.
sparkling anti-capitalist

penningtron wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:29 pm
Krev wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:04 pm

"MORE SUGAR"
Gonna take a wild guess that he's one of those "sunscreens are carcinogenic!" people.
Unfortunately some are but he doesn’t get a pass for looking like a day old chicken nugget
https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/is-sunscreen-safe

this affirms what i was trying to say about how vance and walz both had planned their first answers to set up the message for the night. and vance strategically agreeing with walz as a way of disarming him. i think he actually positioned himself more with walz than trump. by the end of the debate walz was nodding along with him, even when he was saying migrants drive housing prices up.