Re: Politics

Ireland has generally been pretty good on anti imperialism after being invaded and subjugated by the British. The IRA supported the PLO. I suspected its residual as Hamas can go suck a bag of dicks.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Voted the other week. Haven't seen a lot of political signs posted in front of people's houses. People are fatigued, or at least I sure as hell am. It's still a good idea to vote. Geopolitical tensions seem unusually high, so let's try not to elect someone who will make an even worse mess of everything in times of crisis.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

New Novel.

zorg wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:18 pm It's too bad Ireland isn't Nato, so they could invoke an article 5 here. Ah, but that's just silly anyways. Nobody is going to lift a finger till they carpet bomb Killarney....even then.
Weirdly Austria isn’t either and is super hardcore neutral. To the point where MPs turned their back on Zelensky when he spoke in parliament to protest the assumed taking of sides.

I was pretty amazed to discover that after visiting over the summer.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 1:41 pm
zorg wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:18 pm It's too bad Ireland isn't Nato, so they could invoke an article 5 here. Ah, but that's just silly anyways. Nobody is going to lift a finger till they carpet bomb Killarney....even then.
Weirdly Austria isn’t either and is super hardcore neutral. To the point where MPs turned their back on Zelensky when he spoke in parliament to protest the assumed taking of sides.

I was pretty amazed to discover that after visiting over the summer.
As an American, I hate how American-centric much of the world media is, and obviously how much our domestic media is. These are not rogue nations, but established democracies with robust academic and financial institutions, some of them contributing NATO members and they're being ignored. I don't mean to be classist against developing nations, but you'd think when first world nations speak out about this that they'd get a little more airtime.

And I know that Al Jazeera and BBC are often doing a better job on this, but I feel like ABC, CNN, and NPR should be held to the same standard.

For some reason Youtube recommended me Howard Stern's radio show responding in real time to 9/11 yesterday, so I listened to a little bit out of curiosity. Although no facts were in yet, he was blaming the "towel-heads", and said America needed a war to spank all the Arabs and let them know that they are America's bitch. Then he said if Palestinians are involved in this, we should put them out of their misery once and for all and wipe them all off the map.

Then I stopped listening to Howard Stern's radio show responding in real time to 9/11.

Anthony Flack wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:17 pm For some reason Youtube recommended me Howard Stern's radio show responding in real time to 9/11 yesterday, so I listened to a little bit out of curiosity. Although no facts were in yet, he was blaming the "towel-heads", and said America needed a war to spank all the Arabs and let them know that they are America's bitch. Then he said if Palestinians are involved in this, we should put them out of their misery once and for all and wipe them all off the map.

Then I stopped listening to Howard Stern's radio show responding in real time to 9/11.
I'd be curious to see how he'd look back at that. Someone should have him on a show and play it to see what he says. I love the most awkward accountability.