you don't even live here

Anthony Flack wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:17 pm For some reason Youtube recommended me Howard Stern's radio show responding in real time to 9/11 yesterday, so I listened to a little bit out of curiosity. Although no facts were in yet, he was blaming the "towel-heads", and said America needed a war to spank all the Arabs and let them know that they are America's bitch. Then he said if Palestinians are involved in this, we should put them out of their misery once and for all and wipe them all off the map.

Then I stopped listening to Howard Stern's radio show responding in real time to 9/11.
youtube tried to push that one on me all week long too. why? who is making that decision? it's just weird.

Re: Politics

Back then his schtick was this whole low-brow edgelord thing that was super popular with junior high kids. So, those kind of comments seem totally in line with the day to day of his program at the time, and would be explained away as a "performance". It was never in good taste, and never funny. MANY will disagree, and he is hugely popular....I think we've had at least one C/NC.

I just think it's interesting to see that "exterminate the Palestinians" has long been a thing that some Americans will reach for at every occasion.

And yeah, you know we talk about how social media has atomised our media landscape, but I think we sometimes underestimate how much Youtube pushes the same shit out to everybody. How many of us know who Rick Beato is? All of us. We all fucking do.

Re: you don't even live here

hbiden@onlyfans.com wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:23 pm youtube tried to push that one on me all week long too. why? who is making that decision? it's just weird.
There are no people making decisions, it's software algorithms. It will have been suggested for a number of reasons, most of which will relate to content you have engaged with in the past.

We just had the anniversary of 9/11, so they will be pushing related content for a few weeks. The reason it was this particular content could be that you watched a Howard Stern video 3 months ago. Or it could be that you regularly watch comedians. Or it could be that you watch radio host content sometimes. That's kinda how it works and it's not a particularly intelligent system, it will often throw random shit your way that seems unrelated to anything.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

handsbloodyhands wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:47 am Comment after comment was "LETS SEE THE UNEDITED FILM!!".
Yeah, because their dude was too scared to do it because he was going to be fact checked in real time, so they have to push this BS to try to restore some sort of 'balance'.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

Curry Pervert wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 4:01 pm
handsbloodyhands wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:47 am Comment after comment was "LETS SEE THE UNEDITED FILM!!".
Yeah, because their dude was too scared to do it because he was going to be fact checked in real time, so they have to push this BS to try to restore some sort of 'balance'.
hold up maybe we need to all get on the same page. there's a lot happening i know.
cbs offered harris and trump a one on one interview. he said no. she said yes. fine.
in her interview she gave a rambling non response to a question about bibi and it was aired on sunday. then when the show aired on monday they took out that answer and replaced it with a more sensible answer (to a different question). i don't know what balance has to do with it. whether it was intended to make harris look better is up to you to decide, but the new edit certainly didn't make her look worse.