Re: What are you buying, What's on its way?

numberthirty wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:48 am
Kniferide wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:30 am
Nate Dort wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:20 am Handheld news gathering and podium use. Meant to be unobtrusive.
It feels like I'm holding a mic that those little Texan children that dress up like beauty queens would use. I feel so pretty.
You are pretty...
GET A ROOM!
Was Japmn.

New OST project: https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/flight-ost
https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/numberwitch
https://boneandbell.com/site/music.html

A Schiit Audio (that name! 😬) MAGNI Unity no Dac. Someone here recommended.

I’m going to run from the output of my Sonos Port so I can listen to records with the decent pair of Sennheiser cans I got as home recording monitors.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Whoops I bought some pedals.

Nobels ODR-Mini, which I want for my Bass board. I’ve used a variant of it in the past on guitar a couple times, but since the ODR circuit retains a great deal of bass, I figure it’d be a good choice for a bass OD. I used the Danelectro Roebuck into my bass preamp to get a Rusty Box approximation, but since I have the Roebuck on my guitar board now I need a new source of grind.

RCO Monolith (PedalPCB clone of the Big Cheese). Been chasing that melted solo tone Jeff Tweedy gets on “At Least That’s What You Said” and apparently part of the recipe is the Big Cheese. This one has been modded for more volume since it sounds like that was something lacking in the original circuit.
Formerly FM kazoozak. Guy in Fake Canadian.

Just bought a 16x16 gretsch round badge burgundy sparkle floor tom to go with my 12/14/20 drums. Pretty psyched to have a dual FT setup for the first time in my life. I have no idea how to use it! Should I put it next to the 14 or do that one-floor-tom-on-each-side thing? No clue!

Also that single drum was 30% more than the entire kit cost me back in 1997, oof.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

I have never had decent commuting headphones (I commute by train and walk), just whatever $30 earbuds I saw on sale. I realized the other week that I wasn't really enjoying listening to music on my commute due to it not sounding good (lotta outside noise, cheap headphones being cheap, etc). I am also heading to Japan next week and I really wanted some headphones for the flight.

So, I noticed B&W were blowing out their PX7 S2 (I didnt pony up the extra $$$ for the 8s) for $150. So I grabbed a pair and very excited to have some commuting headphones that are not total garbage.
guitar in - weaklungband.bandcamp.com/

Found two old 60s tube PAs in the same week for not much money.

One is a head from a Chicago company called McGohan, the M102 model, a very compact 2xEL84 10W amp. Recapped/cleaned and it already sounds pretty good just using the mic input for guitar. When I find a low wattage 12" or 15" for it I'll use it at home.

The other is a late 60s Garnet head and cab - head is the PA190 model, cab is the Pro Lead model, 2x12" and horns. Doesn't seem like it's been used much - shiny original tubes, 2 prong plug, and all of the exterior wear on it seems to be from decades of sitting in a garage through hot/cold/dry/humid. It's loud! I'm borrowing FM yard barf's Gar Gillies book so once I've cleaned it up and done the power section I can pick the guitar channel mods from there.
Last edited by PEPPER! on Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.