Re: Politics

Anthony Flack wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 4:01 pm I just think it's interesting to see that "exterminate the Palestinians" has long been a thing that some Americans will reach for at every occasion.
Sure, I remember people were attacking Sikhs with baseball bats because that was the level of genius at play in the moment. American's do not cope well with being publicly humiliated.

Not sure if anyone has seen the (Operation Rescue) Randall Terry for President ads that are airing on fucking network television with chopped-up fetuses. Absolutely gross. One second you're looking at an ad for Froot Loops and the next are mutilated fetuses. Apologies for sharing, and I certainly don't mean to drive traffic to this scumbags channel, but this is what's happening in 2024 on regular TV because the networks are forced to air these ads. Can't show a boob but you can show this. Had the air knocked out of me.

Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

^ witaf is up with that shit?!

Despite my initial optimism about Biden withdrawing and Harris taking over the nomination, I have been absolutely depressed and terrified over the past week or two convinced that Trump is going to win.

I don't see my mood improving any time soon.

Less than a month to Election Day.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

rsmurphy wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 12:44 pm Not sure if anyone has seen the (Operation Rescue) Randall Terry for President ads that are airing on fucking network television with chopped-up fetuses.
Is there not some media governing body you can complain to?
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

Lebanese border update: Israel has fired on the UN peacekeeping troops and two have been injured.

Can you imagine the outrage if this was Iran? Or Houthis? Meanwhile in the west - crickets.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

Curry Pervert wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 2:48 pm Is there not some media governing body you can complain to?
It's legal. FCC regulations. Apparently if one is legitimately running for office networks are mandated to air their advertisements. I should've been clearer that the ads come with a network caveat: this station doesn't endorse the views blah blah blah but it's still crazy.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

Curry Pervert wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 2:50 pm Lebanese border update: Israel has fired on the UN peacekeeping troops and two have been injured.

Can you imagine the outrage if this was Iran? Or Houthis? Meanwhile in the west - crickets.
And now they are lobbing shit into central Beirut.

How is anyone permitting this??
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)